Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Santa Clara Service Center -- Opened January 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went by my old building. Very cool - they have lifts installed and it moving along fast. This should really help the bottleneck at the Sunnyvale service center.
Last Wednesday @Tyl posted a photo of a dirt lot. You appear to be saying that Tesla is installing lifts in a completed building. Please confirm, and confirm the address of the location you are referring to.

Last Wednesday @Tyl posted a photo of a dirt lot. You appear to be saying that Tesla is installing lifts in a completed building. Please confirm, and confirm the address of the location you are referring to.
Seriously this my old companies (two of them were in this building) - I know this street.

Intel had the whole west side of the curb painted red because our employees parked the whole length of Northwestern Parkway. Intel moved out many years ago.

Attachments

• V__46C1.jpg
    V__46C1.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: McManX
The dirt lot is 2895. The 2875 is the old PCB assembly/proworks/creation building. 2801 is the same PCB Assembly/proworks/creation building.

2801 is a great building. It had some great improvements - I think it will use a drive through layout.

Confirmed that this will be a Service Center only ... no retail facility planned. :cool:
View attachment 200942

Thanks, I looked up that number and it is for 2801 NORTHWESTERN PKWY. So I consider this new Tesla Service Center to be confirmed and have changed the thread title. Tesla can't built this fast enough! Palo Alto and Burlingame are swamped and the new San Francisco service location is apparently still not fully operational.

Seriously this my old companies (two of them were in this building) - I know this street. Intel had the whole west side of the curb painted red because our employees parked the whole length of Northwestern Parkway. Intel moved out many years ago.

upload_2016-11-8_18-31-42.png

Tesla planning for Santa Clara service center
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/...vetesla-planning-for-santa-clara-service.html

Get ready to see a lot more Teslas on the streets of Santa Clara. They'll be heading to 2801 Northwestern Parkway, where Tesla has submitted building permits for a new service center, according to public records.

The building with the red dot is where Tesla is building out a new service center.

The location, in the thick of Santa Clara data-center country, is home to a 32,000 square-foot building owned by D.R. Stephens, the San Francisco-based commercial property owner and investor. A building permit application submitted on June 23 identifies the scope of work as tenant improvements for a Tesla service center. Permit records show that Tesla had earlier been applying for permits for a service center at 2895 Northwestern, but never moved forward for unknown reasons.

Rumors of a new Tesla service center have been around for a while, with the eagle-eyed members of the Tesla Motors Club first talking about it a year ago, based on Tesla job postings. As one of the members points out, a new service center in Santa Clara would be only a couple of miles from the one at 750 E. El Camino Real in Sunnyvale. However, as one of them noted, these service centers are getting pretty crowded. "Never seen them so frazzled in 3 years I've been going there. The Bay Area really needs more service centers ASAP."

The Northwestern location has good access, located between Central Expressway and Walsh Avenue. It's just down the road from the new Nvidia campus that's under construction. The big question is whether this site will also house a showroom where customers can order cars. That's important, because showrooms can be big tax generators for the city; the Sunnyvale location is a showroom and service center, and since it opened Tesla has become one of Sunnyvale's top sales tax generators.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-8_18-38-49.png
    upload_2016-11-8_18-38-49.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
Opening tomorrow, Jan 5, 2017!
  • 2801 Northwestern Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA

Tesla Service told me "opening later this week", then assigned me an appointment time for tomorrow morning. :)

The adjacent lot at 2895 Northwestern Pkwy is busy with lots of construction, and I'd estimate that it will approximately double their space when it's ready. No sign of any superchargers at either lot when I dropped by today.

Opening tomorrow, Jan 5, 2017!
  • 2801 Northwestern Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA

Tesla Service told me "opening later this week", then assigned me an appointment time for tomorrow morning. :)

The adjacent lot at 2895 Northwestern Pkwy is busy with lots of construction, and I'd estimate that it will approximately double their space when it's ready. No sign of any superchargers at either lot when I dropped by today.

Hopefully they'll still do a large bank of public HPWCs like the other service centers have.

Swung by yesterday on my run. It definitely doesn't seem quite fully-baked yet, but it'll be a great addition for the South Bay (and I'm particularly pleased given it's ~2.5 miles from my house). Anyway, a couple of things I noticed. First, their operating hours seem unusually short. Closed at 3pm? Really? Seems odd...

IMG_4079.JPG

From a charger perspective, they do have 4 HPWCs on one side of the building. Not sure if they'll be open for public use in the off hours as there is a gate near them, but you may be able to access them around the other side of the building.

IMG_4080.JPG

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this service center matures over the next few months, but regardless, happy to have it.

It's just down the road from the new Nvidia campus that's under construction.

Interestingly, I had my car in for service there a couple weeks ago, and as I was signing the papers to pick it up I saw a Model S drive by in the parking lot with "Nvidia Self Driving" emblazoned on the side and nobody inside. It went by too quickly to take a picture, and by the time I got outside it was nowhere to be seen.

Swung by yesterday on my run. It definitely doesn't seem quite fully-baked yet, but it'll be a great addition for the South Bay (and I'm particularly pleased given it's ~2.5 miles from my house).
Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how this service center matures over the next few months, but regardless, happy to have it.

It definitely feels like it's underutilized at the moment, but I expect it will be in full swing once the Model 3 comes out. Nice to see they are gearing up for a much larger capacity, I was worried previously at how busy the south bay service centers already were.

We've been to the Palo Alto and Sunnyvale locations for various things (delivery pick up and charge port repair, accessories) but have yet to stop by the Santa Clara one. We were hoping to pick up a corded UMC from them but none in stock when we called. Wish Tesla did a better job inventorying more items at the SvCs so you didn't have to wait to have them shipped to you.

The Santa Clara location is convenient being off Central Expressway and near Hwy 101. Sure it will be great for a lot of nearby office workers who have Teslas. Do they have bolder signage now that they've been in there for a few months? Seeing the outside of the building from the early pics I probably would have driven by it. Finding space here in Silicon Valley for service centers must be a tough job.

BTW I noticed on Tesla's site that they are listing the hours for Santa Clara now as M - F: 8am to 6pm. So appears that weekday hours have been extended.

We've been to the Palo Alto and Sunnyvale locations for various things (delivery pick up and charge port repair, accessories) but have yet to stop by the Santa Clara one. We were hoping to pick up a corded UMC from them but none in stock when we called. Wish Tesla did a better job inventorying more items at the SvCs so you didn't have to wait to have them shipped to you.

The Santa Clara location is convenient being off Central Expressway and near Hwy 101. Sure it will be great for a lot of nearby office workers who have Teslas. Do they have bolder signage now that they've been in there for a few months? Seeing the outside of the building from the early pics I probably would have driven by it. Finding space here in Silicon Valley for service centers must be a tough job.

BTW I noticed on Tesla's site that they are listing the hours for Santa Clara now as M - F: 8am to 6pm. So appears that weekday hours have been extended.

Been to Tesla Santa Clara twice now, and have nothing but great things to say as far as the service experience. Easy to get someone on the phone, wait times have been reasonable, people are friendly, and the job was done right and in the estimated time frame both times.

It doesn't seem to have much more signage than before, but it's not hard to find either. They now appear to have a small fleet of Tesla loaners. They don't really have a bank of chargers though for customer use.