Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC01 FUSC not transferring??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If u buy a Tesla from a dealer who got the Tesla in as a trade - it should retain super charging correct

That's a BIG maybe - If they took the car in directly from the customer, and then sold to you, possibly. But most dealers sell cars they get from auction, and that's where Tesla could have had their paws on it at some point in the process, and it will have been stripped.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I see. If you were to go to your car right now (i.e when you are NOT charging), under"Charging", would it say "No Recent Supercharging" OR would it say "Last charging session $0.00"?

I'm relieved to see this. This is very similar to what my car is showing right now.
Can I ask - when did you buy your car? Did you buy it from new?

The reason I'm worried about this "£0.00" thing is because of an article on tesla-info.com (here), which you can see a screenshot of attached

My car said 'No recent supercharging' when it was on the dealer's lot. However, it's now showing "£0.00" since I've bought it and I'm worried that this means the FUSC will go away if I claim ownership of the car with Tesla.
Last charging session 0.00

Based on all the fantastic info you guys have provided, I called my local Tesla service center and the guy said that FUSC no longer transfers to the next owner once the car is registered in the new owner's name. This was shocking to me and I even stated that the FUSC was supposed to be a feature of the car and transfer to the new owner and he reiterated that it will not.

Based on all the fantastic info you guys have provided, I called my local Tesla service center and the guy said that FUSC no longer transfers to the next owner once the car is registered in the new owner's name. This was shocking to me and I even stated that the FUSC was supposed to be a feature of the car and transfer to the new owner and he reiterated that it will not.
This isn’t something they can just retroactively change because they want to.

Also it has to be pointed out that most everyone at any service center has no idea what they’re talking about on this topic. Few if any of them were around when transferrable supercharging was a thing. Most probably don’t know it was ever an option.

Since they are willing to talk with you, call them back and ask what SC## (Supercharging code) the specific vehicle you are asking about has.

Now, if you simply asked the rep., "Does supercharging transfer?", the correct answers could have been "Yes..." but it could also have been "No...". The rep. didn't lie...you just didn't ask the right question, and that's not a fault of Tesla.

If the car was purchased BEFORE the cutoff (Roughly purchased by Jan 2017, delivered by April 1 2017) the car has full unlimited supercharging that will transfer to the next owner. They cannot go and take this away from someone. The only case where it may not transfer is if Tesla had owned the car. For example, if Tesla took the car as a trade in. In the case Tesla owned the car they can basically do anything they want to it. They could remove the seats or smash the windows if they like before they resell it. This, of course, makes it clear as mud as Tesla has tendered lots of older cars and changed the terms on many of them. This is also why there is so much confusion on the topic.

Now in the case the car was purchased AFTER Jan 1 and/or delivered after April 1 (dates approximate) the car will drop free supercharging as soon as it is transferred as was agreed with the initial purchaser.

• Helpful
Since they are willing to talk with you, call them back and ask what SC## (Supercharging code) the specific vehicle you are asking about has.

Now, if you simply asked the rep., "Does supercharging transfer?", the correct answers could have been "Yes..." but it could also have been "No...". The rep. didn't lie...you just didn't ask the right question, and that's not a fault of Tesla.
The first thing I asked the guy was 'I was directed to ask you if you can run a VIN to verify the options on a car I'm looking to buy' ... unfortunately, the guy was too lazy to just run the VIN and asked me what options I was wondering about and I said free supercharging

If the car was purchased BEFORE the cutoff (Roughly purchased by Jan 2017, delivered by April 1 2017) the car has full unlimited supercharging that will transfer to the next owner. They cannot go and take this away from someone. The only case where it may not transfer is if Tesla had owned the car. For example, if Tesla took the car as a trade in. In the case Tesla owned the car they can basically do anything they want to it. They could remove the seats or smash the windows if they like before they resell it. This, of course, makes it clear as mud as Tesla has tendered lots of older cars and changed the terms on many of them. This is also why there is so much confusion on the topic.

Now in the case the car was purchased AFTER Jan 1 and/or delivered after April 1 (dates approximate) the car will drop free supercharging as soon as it is transferred as was agreed with the initial purchaser.
The date of purchase is 12/22/2016 and the sales rep made a video of him at a supercharger and when he finished adding 20 KW it said $0.00

thanks for the clarification.. it's not too hard to find the codes when you own a car (login on Tesla, check website coding)... if the sales guy is willing to make a video, he should be willing to send a screenshot of the codes... SC01 doesn't guarantee it transfers (some Tesla personnel have noted the code with an asterik meaning it will be removed soon), but combined with your other info, it would lead one to feel more comfortable about the sale.
another note: there are plenty of 2016's that were resold by Tesla with SCO5 (FUSC for the purchaser of the CPO, but non-transferrable)... the video of free supercharging only proves it's free now, not that it will transfer.

• Informative
Reactions: israndy