Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Scan My Tesla, a CANBUS reader for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the feedback! It led to a speedy fix of the new firmware changes:

V2.0.5 is out/pending review in both Google Play beta program and Apple TestFlight. Feedback on the Model S/X changes will be greatly appreciated!

Fixed fw 2020.20.5 signals for all cars (option in Settings, on by default)
Cached settings for better performance
Model S/X garbage filter reintroduced. Was previously ineffective
Model S/X range fix
Packets per second (was missing for Model S/X) and number of received packets in All tab

I'm using the 2.0.5 on Android.

The new settings page is very confusing. The two choices are solid grey or solid purple without any obvious way to tell if purple means the value on the left or the value on the right.

Screenshot_20200615-104014.png

I'm using the 2.0.5 on Android.
The new settings page is very confusing. The two choices are solid grey or solid purple without any obvious way to tell if purple means the value on the left or the value on the right.
That is one of the strangest ways to show options and their on/off values that I've seen. Why not follow what other systems use as they have many years of experience and user control group feedback *showing* what works and what doesn't for the mainstream. JMO.
From my google phone just now. Any end user can see how this is to be interpreted.
mMvtr2d.jpg

I am using Microsoft Xamarin.Forms for UI. This is the code
Code:
                            <Switch  Grid.Column="1"
                                HorizontalOptions="Center"
                                IsToggled="{Binding Value.Setting}" />

Not sure how I can change that. Looks like they have an open bug on it; Rendering Issue with Xamarin Forms Switch component on Android only · Issue #10415 · xamarin/Xamarin.Forms

Could you use radio buttons? I think that would be easier to understand, and would allow you to add more than two options if down the line that became useful.

Xamarin.Forms RadioButton - Xamarin

Or picker?
Picker Class (Xamarin.Forms)

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I figured out where the problem was introduced, I upgraded to Xamarin.Forms 4.5, because 4.4 show blank dashboards on Android 5.0 and older. I have also tried 4.6 and 4.7, all which break other parts of the app or crashes it in different scenarios.

Will dig deeper into the Android 5.0 issues and see if I can solve it with XF 4.4.

You can release different apk's for different Android versions. So you could set the minimum version on the 2.x branch to Android 6 and it wouldn't break things for Android 5 users, they just wouldn't be given to opportunity to update to the 2.x branch.

Multiple APK support  |  Android Developers

But 100 active users is enough that you still want to maintain the 1.x branch when things like 2020.20.5 happen. Maintaining 2 versions is more work than 1, so if there is an easy way to support everyone in a single APK it's probably worth it.

Doing some tests now with the latest pre-release of Xamarin Forms 4.7, that works on 5.0, will see if everything else works too. Redesigned the whole project to allow for different Xamarin versions on IOS and Android, because anything newer than 4.4 on IOS crashes when you rotate the device.

Was not aware of the possibility of different APKs, but I agree, I'd rather not have more branches to maintain, just for a certain OS version (and 100 users).

What I would really like to do is to keep the old 1. branch, just update with the latest signal changes, then have a separate 2.0 branch which would be 100% equal to the IOS version. Problem is, that would have to be a separate app, and asking people to pay again for either the new or switching to the old would not be polite. What I would like is you pay once, then can switch between the 2 apps, or keeping both on your phone. Then my development could really take off I think, without having to merge the new and old UI into one app, which is kind of a nightmare. Any idea if something like that is possible? In-app purchase of a license? But it would have to be possible to transfer the original purchase into that in-app license.

View attachment 552116

Odd range numbers. I think the app is confused. SoC goes way beyond 100 sometimes.

The switch to turn off the front motor doesn't seem to work.

Try flicking the 'before/after FW 2020' switch in settings. Do you have firmware before or after that?

Front motor switch doesn't do anything yet, didn't mean to include it before it worked.

Really like the displays in the beta which let you see values relative to other related ones.

Re: Beta feedback

1) can the scale for cells start at 2 or 3 instead of 0. If value between 3.5 & 4 then preferrable start scale at 3.5? i.e. visually see the diff easily. Otherwise, the cells graph is of zero value that I can see because all the lines look the same length (or very close). My cell diff is supposed to be 0.006 (per BMS tab). Should max be 3.85? I guess min and max could be the 'same' if rounding down. ie. min 3.840 & max 3.846 & diff 0.006

2) max value is partially covered by button.
mCGgOJg.jpg

vesLz5f.jpg

Reactions: David99
cell voltage will not go below 2.5. That's the hard limit when the car will shut down or at least limit power to not let it go lower. So the Cell voltage scale could start at 2.2 (just to have a little room) and go to 4.3. 4.2 is the absolute max. There is no situation where the voltage will be higher.

For the temperature scales. The coolant temperature can be anything from very cold in cold regions to 170 C for the stator in extreme heat and driving. Maybe the scale could be user adjustable. Right now here in Los Angeles I never see anything below 25 . But I will once I drive up north. So it depends.