Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scotland charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got the appointment to collect my car in a couple of weeks (woop woop!) and our first 2 weeks with it will be in Scotland. It's a Raven MS and I'm told it comes with the CCS adapter. The area I'll be in lacks superchargers but there are a couple of Chargeplace Scotland options. Would the right thing to do be to get a year's subscription or can you just turn up and pay for a couple of one-off charges?

I have the physical card.
Just need a car to go with it now...
Congratulations on the arrival! My Edinburgh contact phoned today to say the boat was nearly in so delivery team should be in touch within the week to arrange a date!

is it possible to speak to edinburgh directly?
i had a call when i ordered the car but i’ve never been able to speak to them directly. always goes to the call centre.

they offered me a test drive but i have no way of getting to phone them back to book it

I have the physical card.
Just need a car to go with it now...
Congratulations on the arrival! My Edinburgh contact phoned today to say the boat was nearly in so delivery team should be in touch within the week to arrange a date!

You too Graeme! I can't wait.

Are these chargers only open to card carrying members? Or is there a means for occasional users to "pay as you go" on these? I'm figuring if it's a necessity I'd better plan ahead and buy a year's sub even if I only use it a couple of times. I'm sure we'll be back within the year.

Are these chargers only open to card carrying members? Or is there a means for occasional users to "pay as you go" on these? I'm figuring if it's a necessity I'd better plan ahead and buy a year's sub even if I only use it a couple of times. I'm sure we'll be back within the year.

As I mentioned above, for occasional use you don’t need to buy the card. Just sign up for free online and download the app. This lets you use any of the chargers, though you’ll need to have data signal on your phone to start charging. The card allows you to start a charge session without a data connection or the app, so might be worth the £20 per year if you think you’ll find yourself in that situation.

You do need to register a payment method to your online account to pay for any non-free charge points. Read the FAQ for more information.

As I mentioned above, for occasional use you don’t need to buy the card. Just sign up for free online and download the app. This lets you use any of the chargers, though you’ll need to have data signal on your phone to start charging. The card allows you to start a charge session without a data connection or the app, so might be worth the £20 per year if you think you’ll find yourself in that situation.

You do need to register a payment method to your online account to pay for any non-free charge points. Read the FAQ for more information.

Got you. Sorry, I misread your earlier post for some reason. I'll get the app.

Reactions: dst87

Great info, thanks. I regularly travel to Hawick to visit family and there’s 50kw charger there, free to use. Brilliant. Although I can’t sign up yet as they don’t list Model 3 on the Tesla vehicle options. I’ve emailed them via the website to request that they add Model 3.

Last edited:
I paid £20 / year for the card for the convenience.i was in Perth recently and all Tesla chargers were ccs and type 2.
Also euro central Dakota hotel near bellshill/Motherwell will have a supercharger soon.
There are lots of Chargeplace Scotland Chargers at Railway Stations etc. and they seem to be little used and some are 22KW. Tesla are building a Super Charger Site on the M8 not far from the Showcase Cinema but seems to be taking ages so they must have some challenges.

Great info, thanks. I regularly travel to Hawick to visit family and there’s 50kw charger there, free to use. Brilliant. Although I can’t sign up yet as they don’t list Model 3 on the Tesla vehicle options. I’ve emailed them via the website to request that they add Model 3.

So have I, twice. They say it will be added, but what the delay is, I don't know.

I signed up using 'Other' as the vehicle type. Stupidly, other is alphabetised in the list and isn't at the top / bottom as you might expect.

It will allow you to sign up straight away (you can change your vehicle later in your account when they finally do update the list).

Reactions: Rob R
I signed up using 'Other' as the vehicle type. Stupidly, other is alphabetised in the list and isn't at the top / bottom as you might expect.

It will allow you to sign up straight away (you can change your vehicle later in your account when they finally do update the list).
Great tip. If they don't sort things out by the time I get my registration number, I will do that.

Reactions: dst87