Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

screen discoloration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get ready to hit the LOVE button :) Screen FIXED

C2D13B84-19D3-44EE-B5B1-3CD4B2D76B81.jpeg

If it is an optical effect, why doesn't the before pic look like that too?
Before and after pix were taken at different angles. Taking pictures of LCD screens is always problematic. Take a picture of a perfectly functioning LCD screen and you’ll probably get a different looking picture each time you try. I certainly have.

I think the owner will be the most reliable source of information for how it actually looks post fix.

I just had mine fixed with UV treatment. I haven't taken a photo of the full screen before, but the cropped fragment shows the extent of the "damage":

IMG_8849.png

Here is the screen after the treatment:

IMG_8894.png

The picture was taken under bad incandescent light in my garage, but in the bright daylight the screen looks just like new. The SC associate has told me that they had to run the treatment twice as my case of discoloration was pretty severe. Covered as a "goodwill" under warranty.

To anyone that has similar issue I would suggest to be nice and patient with their staff. They are seriously overloaded and do their best to fix the issue to customer satisfaction. YMMV.

To anyone that has similar issue I would suggest to be nice and patient with their staff. They are seriously overloaded and do their best to fix the issue to customer satisfaction.
I agree, but the service centres should be putting pressure back on Telsa HQ to get these things rolled out faster, put on temporary staff to manage this issue and this issue only.

Reactions: arcus and veloaudio
Has anyone answered how long this treatment lasts before it's needed again? And if it needs to be done regularly, will Tesla do it for free for life?

No, and why would they? (Tesla has said that at this time they don't know how long it will last or if it will be permanent.)

Their obligation ends when the warranty ends. Does Mercedes replace the transmission, torque converter, and radiator when the radiator fails after the warranty period is up and it destroys the transmission and torque converter? No they don't.