Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seems there are big changes coming with vehicles produced after October 21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I do love all of the information on these forums, and I am big fan of getting all the information you can before making such a bid decision, but I can totally see how "too much" information can be paralyzing. :)
Kind of like buying a new laptop - you can always wait and the next set of specs. will be better but at some point, you have to pull the trigger. (I am just a big talker, I am still looking and waiting) :D

This is nothing like laptops. Usually the maker you prefer comes out with something new once a year or maybe somewhat more or less frequently. Tesla makes many changes, many times during each quarter. And in a product with multi-month delivery times and a price tag of slightly more than a laptop, that makes it a completely different scenario...

Buying laptops and phones is easy.

Reactions: Magus and xborg
- New part number for the MCU (same part for S and X now.)
- Redundant power for servo.
- Double the cables for the radar, primary and secondary, perhaps a second redundant radar is coming?
- Secondary Autopilot ECU. 2 AP ECU, or perhaps just redundant power supply? 30A and 10A.

Seems a bit strange to have redundancy in the cables but not in the sensors? Are wiring faults that common?

I wonder if the MCU and AP ECU changes are to harmonise the solution with the M3 (one package with liquid + fan cooling).

Are you able to see if the new camera (or wiring for the camera) has been added to the rear-view mirror?

Reactions: Kacey Green
Would be really nice to get a full list of the changes for 21 August. Traces of new control stalk for autopilot and blinkers? Those were reported some weeks ago (it was shown a picture of a new stalk in the Model X/S in-vehicle manual). The same stalks like model 3 instead of the Mercedes stalks.

Reactions: boaterva
i got told it may be a good idea to hold off on a X until a December delivery today, was going to put a deposit on a November delivery but that option has now gone missing on the My tesla account. Now if I can hold out for 3 months with out a Tesla.

Say you hold off for a December delivery and need it for tax purposes. Do you have anything that can hold Tesla accountable to meet the deadline?

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Say you hold off for a December delivery and need it for tax purposes. Do you have anything that can hold Tesla accountable to meet the deadline?

Lol, Tesla doesn't care about your tax situation, if you need a car by a certain date then it's up to you to determine when to order. However, they do care about their quarterly numbers, so there is always an EOQ/EOY push to get the delivery numbers up.