Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny I kind of expected dog mode and sentry mode to not work well together. Kind of predictable from Tesla, it's a clear trend they start putting out half-finished products that don't really integrate well or leave a lot of potential from the architecture untouched.
They add games to the infotainment system, but games tend to be much better bug tested than a 6-digit car that gets to be driven in public. Potentially wake up large neighborhoods needlessly. I'm standing by to find complaints about it. I'd be pleasantly surprised if those would not come.

Funny I kind of expected dog mode and sentry mode to not work well together. Kind of predictable from Tesla, it's a clear trend they start putting out half-finished products that don't really integrate well or leave a lot of potential from the architecture untouched.
They add games to the infotainment system, but games tend to be much better bug tested than a 6-digit car that gets to be driven in public. Potentially wake up large neighborhoods needlessly. I'm standing by to find complaints about it. I'd be pleasantly surprised if those would not come.
You want your money back for those free features?

• Love
Reactions: Jivas

Car alarms potentially wake up people too.

I would not think that arming sentry mode while in dog mode is recommended. First, one of the benefits of dog mode is to inform concerned passersby that your dog is safe ... But if sentry mode changes the screen to Hal, you can't message the dog safe environment. Second, activation of the alarm with your dog in the car sounds like torture. Third, wouldn't having a dog in the vehicle be a good deterrent for would be thieves?

I would not think that arming sentry mode while in dog mode is recommended. First, one of the benefits of dog mode is to inform concerned passersby that your dog is safe ... But if sentry mode changes the screen to Hal, you can't message the dog safe environment. Second, activation of the alarm with your dog in the car sounds like torture. Third, wouldn't having a dog in the vehicle be a good deterrent for would be thieves?

Agreed. I wouldn't want the music to blast at max volume while my dogs were in the car. Having a dog in the car should be enough of a deterrent for people looking to do quick smash and grabs anyway.

Reactions: APotatoGod

This is pretty standard practice for software companies. They put out a minimum viable product (MVP) and continue to iterate based on feedback. I would much rather have them do this than to delay weeks or months for updates that still won't be perfect. From what I've seen the enhancements aren't taking away from anything. If you are unhappy with it, you could just disable or not use the features. No harm done.

I think that video was a fake. teslaraj’s video says sentry mode only uses the front two repeaters and the forward facing external camera. Doesn’t use the B pillar cameras or the internal cabin-facing camera.

He says that but didn't show any video from them did he? I'm waiting for more people to try it out and post results before I'm willing to call it fake.

He says that but didn't show any video from them did he? I'm waiting for more people to try it out and post results before I'm willing to call it fake.
He (tesla_raj) posted a screenshot of a file listing from this USB drive showing entries for the front and two side cameras. I'd think that if the other cameras were active and recording for Sentry Mode, his file listing would show entries for those as well?
Twitter

The more people that are vaccinated, the less chance of you yourself getting sick despite being unvaccinated yourself.

While not a perfect analogy, thieves may think twice about trying to get into your car because they may not know if you are only HW 1 or 2 and not 2.5.

Make sense?

Side camera faux stickers could be beneficial for AP1 vehicles. While you may think yourself clever in your attempt to clown, there is much that can be learned from nature for those who are observant. Fake eyes on caterpillars make birds think twice about attacking them.

p02blpp6.jpg

Caterpillars, fooling birds for 3 million year!

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod and V__2