Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Tesla may not want to have the bandwidth and cloud storage for this, the number of full-fledged break-ins would be manageable. Plus, they could auto erase them after 1 week (or so), so you'd have to retrieve within that time frame.

They could just email the 10-minutes of video to your account... No need to store it at all.

Tesla-Sentry-mode-HAL.jpg

Wow, this is great! Almost wish the car would try talking to the thiefs rather than playing music. "Dave, stop. Will you stop Dave? I'm afraid. Daisy, Daisy". :D

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
Last edited:
Reactions: C141medic
Nice simulation, but the angles are obviously from an action cam suction mounted to the car.
Yeah upon closer inspection, I think the video is fake. Found a more legitimate one though:

From u/Spamium:
I managed to activate alarm of Sentry mode without resort to glass breaking.
Tried to go for door handles and trunk button but nothing happened. Pounded on the glass fairly hard and it did the trick!
Yes it had full horn and flashing turn signal and sent me a push notification but those turn off as soon as I launched the app on my phone but the music kept going.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
It looks real to me. The backwards facing one appears to be coming from the repeater.

Why? It looks real to me and matches what another sample video shows.

So I did find another extensive Sentry Mode demo with two guys trying a bunch of different things. Comparing the two videos, I found a few things that indicated a fake:

1) When the alarm goes off, the screen should light up to max brightness. Which in the video doesn't happen as you would see the entire interior lighting up from the white light from the screen.

2) You need to pound on the glass to get the system to blare the alarm, simply looking though the windows doesn't seem to do it. Even shaking the car doesn't set off the alarm either.

3) Dome lights don't turn on when the alarm goes off either, which in the video it was on.

Also, it looks like Sentry Mode only uses the front cameras and the side repeaters on the turn signals. Hopefully they use all the cameras in the future. He turns the lights off and jumps around in front of the car and the lack of light seems to not detect a person.

• Love
Reactions: philaKing
I don't get why the screen turns white when it could be showing a warning message instead. Maybe if the interior camera was recording and it used the screen as a light source, but I don't think that's the case.