Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor SentryAI: AI-filtering for humans in Sentry/Dashcam footage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
45CFB34D-9B3B-48C8-A80A-53ED6BC4CFBF.png
I’ve downloaded the app. I’m having trouble.
Here is my set up.
iPhone XS
Apple adapter
External power added to the one side of the adapter, Samsung SSD T5 250gb drive on the USB side of the adapter.

The image above is what I see. It won’t drop down to the files ...

Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: sentryai
People are a threat I would like to know about, but what about other cars that may have hit your car when they were parking but you didn't notice the damage. Do you, or do you plan to, filter objects like other cars that came really close to the car as well?

Any plans to send a couple of still images of people or objects that got close to the car by email in real time?

We are adding cars and license plates next!

We aren't a "real-time" app right now as we don't run processes in the background when you exit out of the app. However, we could probably write up a desktop version (this app does consume resources on the phone for the AI filtering aspect) that you could leave on linked to your NAS to give real-time alerts, not a bad idea at all as we've manage to port this to the Mac already. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited:
View attachment 522946 I’ve downloaded the app. I’m having trouble.
Here is my set up.
iPhone XS
Apple adapter
External power added to the one side of the adapter, Samsung SSD T5 250gb drive on the USB side of the adapter.

The image above is what I see. It won’t drop down to the files ...

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there!

I imagine you got to that screen by plugging your setup in and clicking "Go"

Usually, you will be presented with the root directory of your File system in iOS, from here, you should select the SSD (whatever you named it), and the TeslaCam folder and click "Done". No need to navigate further into the directories (e.g. dropping down further).

If you need more guidance, please don't hesitate to post again!

Hi there!

Usually, you will be presented with the root directory of your File system in iOS, from here, you should select the SSD (whatever you named it), and the TeslaCam folder and click "Done". No need to navigate further into the directories (e.g. dropping down further).

Thanks for the reply.
I did see the root directory.
I chose TeslaCam (my ssd drive with that name)
I then chose done.
I then chose sentry videos
Then one of the dates in the pic I sent.
It just sits where you see the pic. ?

1D0232C6-FD94-4DE0-A5F7-9D744351F4D2.png
Hi there!

Hi there!

Here is what I see after clicking go.
Maybe I should have sent a pic of the whole directory initially.
As you can see, it won’t open the actual videos. It just sits at the folder ?

What a great idea! Will be looking for the IOS version and I hope for wireless connectivity. Now I have 500gb stored in the cloud think it could connect to Microsoft cloud? :D Be great for a sentry highlights video.

Yes! We are available right now for iOS, and wireless connectivity is already being tested. The logic is already in the code as we go to through Apple's native explorer.

Thanks for the reply.
I did see the root directory.
I chose TeslaCam (my ssd drive with that name)
I then chose done.
I then chose sentry videos
Then one of the dates in the pic I sent.
It just sits where you see the pic. ?

Hey!

Here's the direct link to the video:

After selecting the "TeslaCam" folder and clicking done at the top right side. It should take you to the next screen where you see 3 tabs followed by chronologically sorted panels in 1 hr increments.

Let me know if that's not what's happening.

James

James,

I have a Roadie raspberry Pi and have a USB 3.0 SD card adapter coming.

The reason for the USB 3.0 SD card adapter is that the roadie tends to buffer a lot when trying to load a video, so I have to pause the video to let it download before playing since it's all happening wirelessly.

Would you think your app minimize this lag using a wireless connection vs a direct lightning to USB cable?........or is the fastest always going to be a direct cable to phone connection?

I love the portability of the wireless connection but not if it makes me wait forever to play one video.

Thanks!

James,

I have a Roadie raspberry Pi and have a USB 3.0 SD card adapter coming.

The reason for the USB 3.0 SD card adapter is that the roadie tends to buffer a lot when trying to load a video, so I have to pause the video to let it download before playing since it's all happening wirelessly.

Would you think your app minimize this lag using a wireless connection vs a direct lightning to USB cable?........or is the fastest always going to be a direct cable to phone connection?

I love the portability of the wireless connection but not if it makes me wait forever to play one video.

Thanks!

Actually with limitations on lightning 2 port's USB2.0 speed (the newer USB-C iPad pros have lightning 3 ports that really beat everything), the wireless would be faster given your on LAN and your microSD / SD card is good quality with solid read/write.

We tested our setup with several devices, it is still usable with the 50 MB/s of the USB-A port of the Sandisk iXpand, but it is blazing fast with the USB-C port of the iPad Pro.

Cheers

Actually with limitations on lightning 2 port's USB2.0 speed (the newer USB-C iPad pros have lightning 3 ports that really beat everything), the wireless would be faster given your on LAN and your microSD / SD card is good quality with solid read/write.

We tested our setup with several devices, it is still usable with the 50 MB/s of the USB-A port of the Sandisk iXpand, but it is blazing fast with the USB-C port of the iPad Pro.

Cheers
What if the wifi signal is weak in the garage?