Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shipping From USA to Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As best as I can tell, these are the approximate time frames for shipping from US to AU and the ships involved.

For example: Your Model S would have needed to be finished being built and notified as 'In Transit' to be on the ship by the date in the first column.
ie. To be shipped by the 'Coral Bay' you would need to be In Transit by the 9th July. Arrive in Sydney on the 30th July and Melbourne on the 1st August and Adelaide the 3rd August.
Then allow time frames for customs and pre-delivery pt arrive at a guess for when your car is ready.

I take no responsibility if these dates are inaccurate, these are the best I could do from the time tables I googled.

Ship NameDateOriginal PortDateDestinationDateDestinationDateDestination
CORAL BAY9/07/2015Oakland, US30/07/2015Sydney, AUS1/08/2015Melbourne, AUS3/08/2015Adelaide, AUS
GUENTHER SCHULTE24/07/2015Oakland, US14/08/2015Melbourne, AUS17/08/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP CAPRICORN27/07/2015Oakland, US17/08/2015Melbourne, AUS20/08/2015Sydney, AUS

ANL BINDAREE29/07/2015Oakland, US19/08/2015Melbourne, AUS22/08/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP BLANCHE1/08/2015Oakland, US22/08/2015Sydney, AUS24/08/2015Melbourne, AUS26/08/2015Adelaide, AUS
ER WILHELMSHAVEN3/08/2015Oakland, US24/08/2015Sydney, AUS26/08/2015Melbourne, AUS28/08/2015Adelaide, AUS
KOTA PELANGI5/08/2015Oakland, US26/08/2015Melbourne, AUS29/08/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP PASADO13/08/2015Oakland, US3/09/2015Sydney, AUS5/09/2015Melbourne, AUS7/09/2015Adelaide, AUS
ANL BARWON20/08/2015Oakland, US10/09/2015Melbourne, AUS13/09/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP CORRIENTES25/08/2015Oakland, US15/09/2015Melbourne, AUS18/09/2015Sydney, AUS

ANL BAREGA31/08/2015Oakland, US21/09/2015Melbourne, AUS24/09/2015Sydney, AUS

As best as I can tell, these are the approximate time frames for shipping from US to AU and the ships involved.

For example: Your Model S would have needed to be finished being built and notified as 'In Transit' to be on the ship by the date in the first column.
ie. To be shipped by the 'Coral Bay' you would need to be In Transit by the 9th July. Arrive in Sydney on the 30th July and Melbourne on the 1st August and Adelaide the 3rd August.
Then allow time frames for customs and pre-delivery pt arrive at a guess for when your car is ready.

I take no responsibility if these dates are inaccurate, these are the best I could do from the time tables I googled.

Ship NameDateOriginal PortDateDestinationDateDestinationDateDestination
CORAL BAY9/07/2015Oakland, US30/07/2015Sydney, AUS1/08/2015Melbourne, AUS3/08/2015Adelaide, AUS
GUENTHER SCHULTE24/07/2015Oakland, US14/08/2015Melbourne, AUS17/08/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP CAPRICORN27/07/2015Oakland, US17/08/2015Melbourne, AUS20/08/2015Sydney, AUS

ANL BINDAREE29/07/2015Oakland, US19/08/2015Melbourne, AUS22/08/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP BLANCHE1/08/2015Oakland, US22/08/2015Sydney, AUS24/08/2015Melbourne, AUS26/08/2015Adelaide, AUS
ER WILHELMSHAVEN3/08/2015Oakland, US24/08/2015Sydney, AUS26/08/2015Melbourne, AUS28/08/2015Adelaide, AUS
KOTA PELANGI5/08/2015Oakland, US26/08/2015Melbourne, AUS29/08/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP PASADO13/08/2015Oakland, US3/09/2015Sydney, AUS5/09/2015Melbourne, AUS7/09/2015Adelaide, AUS
ANL BARWON20/08/2015Oakland, US10/09/2015Melbourne, AUS13/09/2015Sydney, AUS

CAP CORRIENTES25/08/2015Oakland, US15/09/2015Melbourne, AUS18/09/2015Sydney, AUS

ANL BAREGA31/08/2015Oakland, US21/09/2015Melbourne, AUS24/09/2015Sydney, AUS

Does the ship leave from Oakland or Long Beach?

Moderators note
When creating a new Thread in the Aus/NZ forum please mindful that this is an international site accessed around the world.
If you don't include reference to Australia and or New Zealand in you title overseas forum members may post here as it will come up in the New Posts search and you will likely get a lot of irrelevant posts.
Similarly if the post is not specific to Australia and New Zealand then it should not go here but instead in the relevant international section.

It looks like the schedules posted here have changed quite a bit. I went to the website of the shipping line (ANL), and it shows that the Cap Pasado will be in Oakland on 23/8/15 and is scheduled to arrive in Sydney on 16/9/15. The ER Wilhelmshaven was at Oakland on 8/8/15, at at Long Beach on 13/8/15. It is due in Sydney on 2/9/15.

https://www.anl.com.au/products-services/line-services/schedules/PNWANL

Thanks, paulp, I see. Well, in production nearly four weeks now, I guess it'll be done sometime!!!!
"It gets here, WHEN IT GETS HERE!"

Mine likewise has been in production for 3 weeks. I guess in production can mean finished build and sitting out the back not yet shipped. I assume our cars will be loaded on the Coral Bay next week and arrive in Sydney on Oct 3rd. Then another week+ for delivery..... The last car I bought in 2013 arrived in Oct from Germany after placing the order in March. That wait was longer, but it was just a car, not a Tesla, this is like waiting for another Carlton Premiership win as I regularly tease my rabid blues supporting business partner about.

My car was in transit on the 15th of August 2015 according to MyTesla but I have been unable to get any information from Sydney as to when it will arrive* or at which port or what ship is transporting it or even when it left California. Generally the purchase experience has varied from poor to abysmal. Of course I'm only buying a cheap 70D so maybe I'm beneath their contempt. I try not to annoy them excessively but questions I ask are often just ignored, not answered or maybe they are replied to in a short rambling paragraph as a reply to clearly labelled (Q1 to Q3 for instance) enquires. I hope the car when I get to drive it is better than the service so far.
*Edit not strictly true, my last email resulted in a likely pick up date of end of September (unchanged since the day I placed the order) to sometime in October, but no details of shipping whatsoever.

Last edited:
They have never provided shipping details. I tried that with both California and Australia, at the time, and bear in mind, I was in the first group of deliveries and had been waiting 4 years!!
When it counts, they are responsive beyond any prior experience I have ever had.

My car was in transit on the 15th of August 2015 according to MyTesla but I have been unable to get any information from Sydney as to when it will arrive* or at which port or what ship is transporting it or even when it left California. Generally the purchase experience has varied from poor to abysmal. Of course I'm only buying a cheap 70D so maybe I'm beneath their contempt. I try not to annoy them excessively but questions I ask are often just ignored, not answered or maybe they are replied to in a short rambling paragraph as a reply to clearly labelled (Q1 to Q3 for instance) enquires. I hope the car when I get to drive it is better than the service so far.
*Edit not strictly true, my last email resulted in a likely pick up date of end of September (unchanged since the day I placed the order) to sometime in October, but no details of shipping whatsoever.

Hey dogphlap, my Model S was also designated as in Transit on the 15th August. My DES notified me mine was 'on a vessel and on the water' on 29th August, however it may have been loaded before this but after 15th August, so by my reckoning either ANL BARWON (maybe), CAP PASADO or CAP CORRIENTES (possibles). Because Marine Traffic loses touch once out of range of the coastline, I built a little app to show approximate positions of the ships once a day. (My guess). A bit tragic but there you go. :eek:
Of course I don't know how it will size on your monitor (its a 'flash' file.)
You can check their approximate positions using this link .... http://brucemcmillan.wix.com/my-tesla-shipping

Last edited:
Mine likewise has been in production for 3 weeks. I guess in production can mean finished build and sitting out the back not yet shipped. I assume our cars will be loaded on the Coral Bay next week and arrive in Sydney on Oct 3rd. Then another week+ for delivery..... The last car I bought in 2013 arrived in Oct from Germany after placing the order in March. That wait was longer, but it was just a car, not a Tesla, this is like waiting for another Carlton Premiership win as I regularly tease my rabid blues supporting business partner about.
The cars generally sit at the port in LA for about 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Definately CANNOT relate to your experience, although this month is D month for tesla australia, with a volume of cars arriving that they have never experienced before. We're talking hundreds to my understanding, and they have to go all over Australia. Hence It's very likely that responses may be rushed and delayed. Try a phone call instead of an email. The car is amazing, and in my opinion the effort these guys and girls go to is also amazing.
Tesla will not give you details of shipping or departure dates. If they did, Brewster would be bored.

When I first ordered my estimated delivery date was September. My car is currently in Melbourne and will be on a truck, then train next week. It should arrive by the 15th of September, so Tesla have been pretty accurate, and I have not experienced any of the early adopter delays.

My DS has always replied in a timely manner, so it's a shame that you have not experienced the same.

James told me that they cannot reveal which ship my car is on "for security reasons". A bit perplexing when the shipping line to Europe allows you to see every Tesla (by VIN) that they have delivered and where and when they delivered it. However, he says my late September delivery schedule is still on.

Perhaps they are worried that pirates will hold all the Ds to ransom? :)