Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The next announcement should be coming up really soon. Elon Musk said they would come with a cadence of "1-2 weeks", and now it has been 16 days since the last one.

Elon Musk twitted last Friday: @batarski Stay tuned for a big Supercharger announcement in a few weeks. Definitely have you covered. The tweet was in response to the question , also via tweeter, about SC in Ontario, Canada.

I think that in addition to the lower recharging time this big SC announcement will include partnering with a restaurant chain which has good coverage of the NA interstate highways. It was reported many times that main barrier to the fast deployment of SC is negotiation on locations, permiting, and associated bureaucratic red tape. If Tesla partners with the major restaurant chain and all red tape is eliminated, the SC could be deployed with a dramatically improved schedule. This would likely be the second major point of the SC announcement.

Elon Musk twitted last Friday: @batarski Stay tuned for a big Supercharger announcement in a few weeks. Definitely have you covered. The tweet was in response to the question , also via tweeter, about SC in Ontario, Canada.

I think that in addition to the lower recharging time this big SC announcement will include partnering with a restaurant chain which has good coverage of the NA interstate highways. It was reported many times that main barrier to the fast deployment of SC is negotiation on locations, permiting, and associated bureaucratic red tape. If Tesla partners with the major restaurant chain and all red tape is eliminated, the SC could be deployed with a dramatically improved schedule. This would likely be the second major point of the SC announcement.

I believe we are at a major inflexion point with TSLA stock. There are no more shares of TSLA left to borrow. The shorts are on the wrong end of the current price direction. All it will take is a small match to begin the mother of all squeezes. I've been holding TSLA for years and I am not going anywhere. The music is about to come to a stop and I'm sure I have a chair :)

I believe we are at a major inflexion point with TSLA stock. There are no more shares of TSLA left to borrow. The shorts are on the wrong end of the current price direction. All it will take is a small match to begin the mother of all squeezes. I've been holding TSLA for years and I am not going anywhere. The music is about to come to a stop and I'm sure I have a chair :)

Who has the match? I'm in my chair.

thanks vgrinshpun. I've been checking twitter every couple days, but missed this. Just went now and couldn't find it either... Was there some kind of trick to finding that tweet? I looked through Elon's tweets from 4/12 (last Friday) and @batarski. Feeling technically challenged!

thanks vgrinshpun. I've been checking twitter every couple days, but missed this. Just went now and couldn't find it either... Was there some kind of trick to finding that tweet? I looked through Elon's tweets from 4/12 (last Friday) and @batarski. Feeling technically challenged!

It's a reply tweet, so it doesn't show up in Elon's main twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/with_replies

Smart money saw the 10 year strategic plan benchmarks in Elon's new compensation plan. Those benchmarks are a solid platform to build a pretty good model for stock value over the next 5 years.

Time to accumulate shares and ignore the short term fluctuations. Buy on the up days and buy more on the pull backs. In 5 years $2 to $5 a share will be immaterial.

The stock has paid for my first Model S. Being an investor is a pretty good demand stimulus for the company as I am configuring my second Model S.

Last edited:
I am also working on financing my Model S with the TSLA stock gains - started investing in December of last year. I keep my shares for long term, while trying to capture support - resistance swings by going in and out on margin, using share accumulation strategy. I am at about 40% of what is needed for P85, well ahead of the original expectations.

I just have exited yesterday with margin at $45.35, only to find Tesla SEC filing in my mailbox after hours. After paging through the SEC filings, it made sense to get back in, hence bought today in the morning at $45.60. The original strategy of capturing swings using margin seem questionable now and I am considering staying in with margin for the next month or so. The risk of missing upswing in the near future is just too high.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.