Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to believe that my own startup's fate is somehow intertwined with TSLA's share price. Every time I reach a big milestone or persuaded an important person to go with my cause, TSLA's share price jumps. Every time I get blcoked from doing something due to regulation or competition, TSLA share price goes down.

It made me to believe that I should probably partner up with TSLA in the near future and be done with it.

Whoa this trade is so magical...

tsla.png

- - - Updated - - -

Then please keep doing whatever you did today.

You mean locking myself out of my car but getting the keys to my new office and finding the perfect accountant?

TSLA has momentum. Momentum stocks don't trade on fundamentals. They trades on emotion and speculation. Tesla is adding a lot of new investors that have just learned about the stock. The shorts are covering but not in a big way. Volume is still pretty low. The good thing about momentum is the inertia that pushes a stock onward. The bad thing is that momentum can change direction quickly.

i like to say momentum is a fickle mistress.

caution: my spouse doesn't like it when i say that.

People who sit this one out will almost certainly regret it. This is the moment people have been predicting for years. I would not be surprised if TSLA reaches $80 in the coming 3 - 7 days. Maybe sooner.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. IMO, these days of 5% plus in gains are the short squeeze. Unlikely it will be a single day gain of 10% plus. The shorts might be on the wrong side of the trade, but assuming the majority of them know how to manage the trade they should be able to exit without issuing massive orders that will drive price up accordingly.

Some adult volumes there at the start of the day. Could that be fulfillment of over-night margin calls? I don't know how margins work at institutions, but I assume that the fund managers have limits on their exposure and positions that would in effect work similarly to retail margin calls)?

Status
Not open for further replies.