Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The earnings call is on May 8th, after the closing bell (usually). That's a week from today (6 trading days)

I think whatever squeeze was going to happen has happened already. If I'm wrong I can hop back in before the earnings call. If I'm not I don't think SCTY's squeeze has stopped yet, so I'll be making money any ways while I ride out TLSA's uncertainty.

Worse comes to worse I miss out on 3 days of TSLA.

I think whatever squeeze was going to happen has happened already.

Why do you think that? There have been about 30 million shorts. It doesn't look like a substantial amount have already covered.

I think it's more in the direction of what Curt said: New investors came in, the price went up, the profit takers caused it to go down again and made others nervous causing it go even more down.

And right now it is recovering form that, going back up approaching $54. Whether or not the shorts will squeeze is still in the future.

It seems both yesterday and today there was someone (not necessarily a single person) selling around $54. Yesterday the price was pulled down to $54, and today as well, except today, after a bit, it continued a bit downward, came back up to $54 twice, and apparently triggered selling again, each time creating a bit of downward momentum. Perhaps what we really see is a general upward tendency, which is counteracted by that person(s) selling at $54.

It seems both yesterday and today there was someone (not necessarily a single person) selling around $54. Yesterday the price was pulled down to $54, and today as well, except today, after a bit, it continued a bit downward, came back up to $54 twice, and apparently triggered selling again, each time creating a bit of downward momentum. Perhaps what we really see is a general upward tendency, which is counteracted by that person(s) selling at $54.

Where exactly did you see this person(s)? (A link will be good..)

Another tweet... "@elonmusk TIme to up the ante (and fix some mistakes). Tesla Announcement tomorrow."

So... Now what?

Jeff

supercharger announcement! And just in time! I need to take a road trip in my Model S next weekend, hopefully they have one built on the way from NYC to Binghimton somewhere.

EDIT: I guess not. Sigh :(

- - - Updated - - -

You can see the impact on elon's message, spike in TSLA's trading volume for the last 30 minutes after a relatively calm day, and a slight uptick in the price. People are cautiously optimistic.

supercharger announcement! And just in time! I need to take a road trip in my Model S next weekend, hopefully they have one built on the way from NYC to Binghimton somewhere.

EDIT: I guess not. Sigh :(

- - - Updated - - -

You can see the impact on elon's message, spike in TSLA's trading volume for the last 30 minutes after a relatively calm day, and a slight uptick in the price. People are cautiously optimistic.

He also says:

This is about getting a prior announcement right. Not part 4 yet.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way - what was the third announcement?

I know of only two

1 - Leasing
2 - Service

Did I miss number 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.