Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also says:

This is about getting a prior announcement right. Not part 4 yet.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way - what was the third announcement?

I know of only two

1 - Leasing
2 - Service

Did I miss number 3?

You missed #1, first quarter profit.

My guess is that this new one is an update to the leasing announcement. That was a bit controversial. The service announcement went over well, so nothing to fix there.

Agreed it is the financing announcement. "Fixing mistakes" (in brackets) could be related to [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]the mistake pointed out by Sal Demir in this article: [/FONT]http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/1381001

Demir tweeted Musk about it yesterday, the latter replying: "@rebel_sal Just read it. Good piece."

As for "time to up the ante", that is harder to guess at. Could it be that they are increasing the guaranteed resale value from the Merc S benchmark? Or a battery capacity threshold added to the battery guarantee (OK, now I'm daydreaming:))?

My guess that they might add conventional 36 months lease with 50-55% residual value to the previously annonced hybrid financing product. This will significantly lower monthly payment and probably expand pool pf potential owners two-fold.

Agreed it is the financing announcement. "Fixing mistakes" (in brackets) could be related to the mistake pointed out by Sal Demir in this article: http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/1381001

Demir tweeted Musk about it yesterday, the latter replying: "@rebel_sal Just read it. Good piece."

As for "time to up the ante", that is harder to guess at. Could it be that they are increasing the guaranteed resale value from the Merc S benchmark? Or a battery capacity threshold added to the battery guarantee (OK, now I'm daydreaming:))?

Agree. I think they will fix the sleazy message from the leasing.

How they plan to up the ante is anyone's guess :) my ideal Tesla lease experience would be a 60 month $600/month lease for a base model S. At the end of the lease term buy it out at residual value or hand the keys back.

If today follows last Friday's action, there should build-up towards the announcement with somewhat of a sell-off/some profit taking afterwards, to end the day down. However, the whole market is up sharply today so we may stay in the green.

And then (hopefully) reflection on the announcement over the weekend and up again on Monday! I'm starting to like the Friday announcement timing.

Conference call over key take away for TSLA stock: "Model S was a car for the top 1% with this lease program it is now affordable for the top 10% and will get cheaper as manufacturing gets more efficient … eventually the Gen 3 will be affordable to everyone.”

I stand corrected ….this was a big deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.