Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy open. I bought some common shares at $164. Options were too expensive due to IV. I think we'll settle around $170 today; there's no bad news I can find to justify TSLA falling this much more than the rest of the market.

High beta, that's why. This is a world-changing stock in a good or even flat economy, but this economy ain't good until John Boehner decides to release it from captivity.

This is a buying opportunity, the trick is finding the bottom, which I still don't think has hit yet. I suspect we could see $150 before this is over, who knows.

This would've been very normal if we are not deep into it. i.e. same thing happens to LNKD and NTLX and you would think it is time for giving back some of the gain.

Rebounding from $161.5 to $165 now, just as fast. Hope it continues!

- - - Updated - - -

Keep it in perspective : LNKD down $12, NFLX down $6.5 as of now. TSLA down $9.

% wise TSLA down more as % wise it has been up more. Hang tight, don't panic, great buying opportunity, IMO.

There are currently 267 users browsing this thread. (79 members and 188 guests) Hello everyone!!! :)

The stock fell to 83.0% of its all-time high, so this is 2013's biggest pullback so far. Thanks Congress :|

Yes, Google Finance pretty wonky today... I switched to Yahoo Finance (which is working) and I might stay there.

Group hug everyone. We can work through this.

I see tiny sign of strength from TSLA right now. I think it is slightly oversold right now compared to the rest of the market. If the stock can break free from the rest of the market and start trending on it's own then we might have a chance of survival here.

I think at 160$ those who HAD to sell have sold. The rest are just waiting because they know Tesla is a buy right now. I like watching at the bid/ask size in times like these. When the ask size goes to 0 often I know things are going to improve.

TSLA chart 10/9/2013

Caution - Not for the weak of heart :tongue:

tsla 10.9.13.png

RSI levels similar to those after the GS "downgrade". Still in an overall upward momentum. Has broken into the lower channel pretty officially at this point. Holding above the 50 EMA.

Well, crap. I really expected a bounce of even just a little or run flat from yesterday's low. Some short term calls for Friday are going to expire completely worthless. Really didn't expect this, particularly with NASDAQ being mostly flat. I'd sold off about 30% of my long term holdings back at $182-ish to use for things like Nov/Dec calls. It's looking like I might well lose all 30% completely, aside from the portion I put in LEAPS. Should have just stayed in pure stock I guess.

So far, the DJIA is pretty flat and the NASDAQ down ~ 25 points. This doesn't seem to be the pain sleepy envisioned necessary to make the 3 ring circus in D.C. come to the adult table.

Everything is playing out exactly as I wrote. I said that there will be strength in the first half of the day followed by a sell-off to end the day.

The reason why TSLA, NFLX. LNKD, Solar Stocks, etc. are selling off right now is because that is how Wall St. works. At first they sell off all of the high flying momentum plays (to book profits) and then the rest will follow.

The high flyers are going now (and yesterday), therefore the rest will follow very shortly. Expect the indices to start going down very shortly. A rally might come only if we here news about some kind of deal getting closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.