Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Immediately after news of the first fire hit I sold all my share, looking back I really lucked out so the recent drop didn't hurt me, I guess its time to start building my position again so I bought some LEAPS Jan 2015 200 & paid $15.60 for them, probably wait till next Tuesday to see how things play out & look at the 2016's.

i'm not changing my mind at all, i still think tesla is a great company with bright future but i can't stand that every hour someone is shouting buying opportunity, buy buy buy.
from 180 all the way to 130 we had someone who say buying opportunity, and guess waht? people here lost lot's of money.
most of us are not 500% profit on tesla and every buck counts a lot to people here.
btw as far as i remember that's a short term price movement subject and nobody can argue that short term tesla is not on flame(double meaning)

I know it's been frustrating buying all the way down, but you have to realize that those of us that bought in the 30s got in at a time somewhat like this, when the company and the stock could have gone either way. It's easy to buy when there is nothing but good news.

my comment is not directed to you and you know that!

I know I know.... I was just showing off while those are green (they will inevitably expire worthless).

Still....I think the losses you suffered have clouded you judgement somewhat. There is no doubt in my mind that the stock is oversold at 130$. At this point we have reached the maximum pain in terms of pessimism. The only possible negative catalyst I see remaining would be a total recall to strengthen the underside of the cars....but I don't see that happening at all.

I know I know.... I was just showing off while those are green (they will inevitably expire worthless).

Still....I think the losses you suffered have clouded you judgement somewhat. There is no doubt in my mind that the stock is oversold at 130$. At this point we have reached the maximum pain in terms of pessimism. The only possible negative catalyst I see remaining would be a total recall to strengthen the underside of the cars....but I don't see that happening at all.

on the contrary, i just don't want other people to lose so i'm sharing my experience.
technically speaking tesla is not in an oversold area, one thing we can say is that previously 133 was a big resistance so above it suppose to be support, that's it.
all the cars fire stories is a complete joke and i don't take it seriously. as far as i concern(and not only me) tesla is safer than any other car.
ps: short a million shares, buy tesla and crush it into something to create flames and here you have a nice profit(1 tesla worth 100,000$ with millions shares short a move of 0.1 $ and you're even :)

on the contrary, i just don't want other people to lose so i'm sharing my experience.
technically speaking tesla is not in an oversold area, one thing we can say is that previously 133 was a big resistance so above it suppose to be support, that's it.
all the cars fire stories is a complete joke and i don't take it seriously. as far as i concern(and not only me) tesla is safer than any other car.
ps: short a million shares, buy tesla and crush it into something to create flames and here you have a nice profit(1 tesla worth 100,000$ with millions shares short a move of 0.1 $ and you're even :)

Gotta correct you here.
Technical Analysis speaking. based on the classic RSI. TSLA is in oversold. 1st time in a year.

Keep this mid-day rally in perspective. Still lots of resistance.

j8jDyhPv.png

0nZnV3n6.png

It seems some buyers have returned in the last hour. Hope I didn't miss the bottom at 132, but I'm willing to hold off re-entering until Elon speaks on this even if I miss some upside. We shall see.

And in the green.

OK, I'm in for some 2015 LEAPS on principle. I love you, DaveT.

It sounds like you didn't hold off for too long lol.

Regardless, it might still be a good idea to wait until word from Tesla. I still see the possibility of the stock moving even lower based on the overall downward movement in the short term.

Concerned about Road Debris affects on stock

Call me short term bearish, long term very bullish. What do you think the stock will do in the short term if another road debris fire occurs in the next 6 weeks and Elon has not taken steps to improve the protection of the battery yet? Wouldn't that drop it under 80? It might be that the first 2 times were a total fluke, but I sold all my shares and am just holding Leaps that expire in 2015.

BTW I am well aware that each day there are hundreds of ICE fires. However I don't think all those fires destroy the car as the Model S fires appear to have done. And unfortunately the ICE fires certainly don't get any attention from the media.

so i have no clue cause you said so right?
company at a discount? company who loses money, selling barely 5500 cars, have a value of 1/3 of GM with lots of constraints on the way and just had 500% rise less than a year? i wonder what is expensive by your standards.
it's easy for you to say it's a good price to get in cause what the hell you're in from the low double figure, so if we go another 50$ below you still have a profit.
with all respect and love to the company, people have lost their sanity here.

When a company comes out of a quarter with 49 million more cash than they took into the quarter, how exactly do you count that as losing money? I'm fairly sure that's gaining money, because, you know, they have more money than they used to have. Not to mention that they posted a $.12 EPS...that's a positive 12 cents, not negative. So, you know, a profit.

5500 cars is 10% above guidance and above analyst estimates.

General Motors is not growing. You know what else has more than half the value of GM? TWTR. And they just gained 70% in a day. The stock market is about expectations, not "size."

For these reasons, redharel, you "have no clue."

Last edited:
When a company comes out of a quarter with 49 million more cash than they took into the quarter, how exactly do you count that as losing money? I'm fairly sure that's gaining money, because, you know, they have more money than they used to have. Not to mention that they posted a $.12 EPS...that's a positive 12 cents, not negative. So, you know, a profit.

5500 cars is 10% above guidance and above analyst estimates.

General Motors is not growing. You know what else has more than half the value of GM? TWTR. And they just gained 70% in a day. The stock market is about expectations, not "size."

For these reasons, redharel, you "have no clue."

I'm not here to defend anyone to take sides but can we please watch what we say to one another? I like to think that this is a supportive community and that there are better ways to say things to one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.