Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$151, I do think people are misinterpreting the NHTSA news, will probably correct.

This is essentially the NHTSA news. I think everyone picked up on the fact that this is forecasting that finding and acting upon it as they should. I mean if a stupid garage fire caused by an outlet can cause a 6% drop this should double that :) Also, lots of shorts piled in so this will ride for a bit even if the news is being misinterpreted. Just my opinion.

Also, if we break $155 we could go to $160 or more.

By the way: stopped at the local mall today, to get something at the Apple Store, which is across from the Tesla Store. And, what investor could resist, I stopped into the Tesla store and it was odd, there were no employees present. I'm guessing all off doing test drives or something? About 5-6 customers milling about, looking at the 2 cars. One couple were murmuring "How soon can we get a test drive?" As I walked out, I stopped to observe the reaction shoppers had who were passing by the store. I like how most of them see one of the cars in the store out of the corner of their eye, then STOP, and look in, start talking about Tesla ("hey look, it's a Tesla" . . . "let's go look" etc). As one group of shoppers does it, others behind them do it too. Tesla Stores cause traffic jams. :)

I assume you mean Westfield UTC. So, there's a funny situation caused by fast growth. Peter, who was the store manager there, moved north to open the Mission Viejo store two weeks ago, and took some of the more experienced staff with him. In the meantime the San Diego store had to hire more newbies. And in a classic supply chain glitch, there were not enough "staff only" Tesla uniforms to go around. So I was approached in both stores mentioned by young men in plain gray suits, who turned out to be Tesla staff sans uniform. My guess is that at least someone you saw was staff.

Happy holidays to all long term Tesla Motors investors. Once NTSHA clears Tesla, it'll run up a lot more of course. I like these bits and pieces of good news related to govt. investigation (DE clears TM, NHTSA reaffirms rating). These parts are worth more than if we only had the NHTSA "all clear" news by itself

Happy holidays to all long term Tesla Motors investors. Once NTSHA clears Tesla, it'll run up a lot more of course. I like these bits and pieces of good news related to govt. investigation (DE clears TM, NHTSA reaffirms rating). These parts are worth more than if we only had the NHTSA "all clear" news by itself[/QUOTE

NHTSA announcement should be a bigger move than a garage fire which is clearly written as a hit piece. Hence today's move have not fully priced in a real positiv NHTSA report about the fire. I am guessing today's move is because of lack of people paying attention to news and the relative noobness about the political process of some of the shorts that have piled on.

NHTSA uses this to gauge the backlash against their potential decision. It also allows them some wait and see time. Because they can always point back in time to say they made the right call with this announcement that's worded closely enough. Also, it is potentially dangereous to give tsla an all clear right. ow. Better give tsla a few more month so the firechance/time percentage decreases a bit more and looks better on a report.

IMO, once we are at the $150 level. TA wise the only thing we should be looking at is that $180 gap. There are no more short term TA that matters.

PS: thanks for the Christmas present Elon. I know you held on to that piece of news too.

This is great movement, but I don't believe it means we're in the clear. It still remains to be seen if we can hold this uptrend and breakout of the down channel (red) and pass the resistance at the 100dMA.

For the record, after dumping my holdings of 2+ yrs after the third fire, I got long again over the last few weeks with about 30% of my original holdings. I will continue to add at the right opportunities, but won't consider fully investing again until the NHTSA risk has been fully mitigated. I am also waiting to see how the public reacts to the next fire.

ybCtcIV7.png

I sold at $153.31 because it looked weak up there. Now its 150.86, I think its because the NHTSA report only restated it 5 star rating but did not exonerate Tesla that it sold off.

I think the sell off is standard post bump profit taking from the day traders here and elsewhere. It's kind of like clockwork if you can time the peak. I'm tempted at times to play the game, it looks so easy ;~)

Not sure if this was discussed earlier, but thought it's relevant to get some insight into NHTSA's reasoning....

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM447511/INCLA-PE13010-4601.PDF

based on this, I think this confirms that there should be a high likelihood of the Model S being cleared.

I imagine there are many investors waiting like RobertGrease to get the official NHTSA report. I suspect that will move the stock another 20% up or 30% down. more than likely up. i don't believe a good outcome from NHTSA has already been priced in. the fact that a half-story like the continuation of the 5 star rating moved the stock this much, shows what kind of pent up anticipation there is for this report. if you are sitting on the sidelines now, you will miss out on what will be big movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.