Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! My calls are now IN THE MONEY. I really didn't expect that to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I think now that we've taken out the $104 the next place we have known resistance is at the all-time high, right? This could get interesting really fast.

What calls do you have? As I posted here last week, I have @97.5 for $3.3 and @100 for $3.5, both are good now. I just sold @105 for $3.5, basically hedged 1/3 of these calls.
I still have my core position making nice gain. TSLA demonstrated strength in so many negative situations that I really can't ask for more.

What calls do you have? As I posted here last week, I have @97.5 for $3.3 and @100 for $3.5, both are good now. I just sold @105 for $3.5, basically hedged 1/3 of these calls.
I still have my core position making nice gain. TSLA demonstrated strength in so many negative situations that I really can't ask for more.

I have June calls @$105 which were purchased at different times for different prices. Most were the result of rolling up from other calls during the short squeeze.

Anyone expect the recall announcement to provide a downward pressure on the stock?

"It's not a big deal, unless there's another recall in quick succession. One vehicle recall may be regarded as a misfortune; two looks like carelessness. (With apologies to Oscar Wilde)"

I found this comment in a discussion on the recall (but mostly the service offered by Tesla during the recall) at Hacker News: Partial Tesla Model S recall | Hacker News

Looks like TSLA survived the Fed today and even got a nice bounce!

Indeed, and up for the sixth day in a row. The digestive period in recent weeks appears most healthy. The weak longs seem to have already taken their profits, often during occasional cascades through stop limits initiated by hedge fund shorting attacks. That seems to have tapered off since it lost its effectiveness. The remaining longs are corporate insiders, institutions and those individual investors seeking to avoid the high tax rates for short term gains and often protecting them with options. They are all proving to be steadfast and in for the long haul. Obviously the recall did not shake them.

The digestive period could more obviously end in a positive manner if the Thursday demonstration is well received. End of quarter window dressing by money managers could also be helpful. However, I expect the greater increases will follow the July 24th earnings announcement. Elon may have been sandbagging before presenting pleasant surprises. That could lead to a stampede of previously reluctant analysts joining the parade.

The digestive period could more obviously end in a positive manner if the Thursday demonstration is well received. End of quarter window dressing by money managers could also be helpful. However, I expect the greater increases will follow the July 24th earnings announcement. Elon may have been sandbagging before presenting pleasant surprises. That could lead to a stampede of previously reluctant analysts joining the parade.

I also think Q2 Earnings will come out better than expected. In yesterday's Reuters interview with Elon, he mentioned that he's giving both Tesla and SpaceX companies the week of July 4th off and he's taking a week vacation. Note this is right after Q2 ends at the end of June. It sounds like a small detail, but it sounds like a move from a company (or companies) that's doing very well and better than outside expectations.

Btw, I just ordered your book and look forward to reading it.

I bought a little more at 106 yesterday baffled as to how the recall could drive up the price. After just reading elon's tweet I am not so nervous about purchasing at that price... here it is for anyone who has not seen it...

Tomorrow night: fastest gas pump in LA vs Tesla battery pack swap pic.twitter.com/QgZzggjIkq

Status
Not open for further replies.