Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I timed everything perfect yesterday and today between TSLA and SCTY. By far my best profit take. Next big dip I will be ready to grab more shares. It's fun when it all comes together.

Nicely done, I bought before the bigger dip yesterday :(

- - - Updated - - -

for extra credit is #3
Use a broker that gives you direct market access and gives the best execution quality as that is the hidden cost all the major retail brokers don't want you to know about. Over time and with lots of trades this cost can be heavily compounded to become very large to your return on your trading.
i may be partial because i work for a broker that I know is the best but if you want to do your own research try going to a forum like Day Trading - Day Trader - Automated Trading - Day Trading Software - EliteTrader.com to see what other traders much more experienced than us who have used all different brokers are saying

Where do you work and do you handle Norwegian costumers?

Also, as a general reminder, the short interest comes out tomorrow after 4:00pm. Anyone care to make a wager as to how many shares are currently shorted? (I'm going with 21million)

I'm guessing it will be very high. With the number of "Tesla is overvalued" articles lately I think there are enough bears still thinking there's a chance. We like high short interest though, the more rocket fuel the better :smile:

I wonder who has been trying to down tick the stock so much premarket as it has been very light volume for such a move (was down 4 points on less than 40k shares of total trading this morning at one point a few minutes ago).

What do you Guys think?

A)Nervous retail investors trying to sell their position stupidly before the open? Stupidly because they could sell their 1k shares at the market open for a much better price.
or

B) (More likely in my opinion) Nervous big hedge fund short trying to down tick the stock for the opening print. (For example, large HF short 1 million shares trying to short 10k shares premarket with the purpose of down ticking the stock so they can start closing out their massive short position of 1 million shares on the much heavier volume that trades once the markets open)

I wonder who has been trying to down tick the stock so much premarket as it has been very light volume for such a move (was down 4 points on less than 40k shares of total trading this morning at one point a few minutes ago).

What do you Guys think?

A)Nervous retail investors trying to sell their position stupidly before the open? Stupidly because they could sell their 1k shares at the market open for a much better price.
or

B) (More likely in my opinion) Nervous big hedge fund short trying to down tick the stock for the opening print. (For example, large HF short 1 million shares trying to short 10k shares premarket with the purpose of down ticking the stock so they can start closing out their massive short position of 1 million shares on the much heavier volume that trades once the markets open)

probably non of the above. MM moving the price around the level of future orders and something that fits them.

Alright my Tezillionaire story is out!

I realize many people use Tapatalk on mobile will not see my signature. Here it is:

http://www.investnaire.com/?q=group...-i-made-1-million-single-day-tesla-investment

TSLAQ2Daily.png

[but I was out yesterday by a new house with my TSLA profits. ;-) ]

Wow that is the biggest purchase from TSLA profit I've heard . :biggrin: House in Boston does not come cheap...

- - - Updated - - -

I am so pissed with e-trade right now.

I moved all my TSLA shares from my old broker to etrade on 9/3, and took 1 or 2 days to learn their interface by making a few trades, but I always had a core position that I never sold so I'm always holding on to some TSLA shares regardless of whether I'm buying or selling.

twinklejet, I stopped reading right there. I can share your pain so much. :mad: I used etrade when my company used them for stock options and ESPP long time ago. But I could not fathom how bad their software was back then, compare to other brokers. I wonder how they survive as a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.