Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, and yes Tesla is great.

I bought a couple of $160 weekly call options at the absolute bottom yesterday for $3.63, and today sold the weekly $165 to create a bull call spread for $3.75. If Tesla closes above $165 this week, I will have earned a 140% return. And the best part of it, is that now it is all risk free :)

Very nicely done sleepyhead. I considered some of the weekly options for Sept and Oct but wasn't brave enough to buy them. The risk of a correction is too much for me. I bought Jan '14 $160s instead. I'm happier writing OTM options (both puts & calls) instead.

The 20 day MA sawtooth is in full effect:
View attachment 30250

It hit the 20day today. It might go down a bit tomorrow, but today or tomorrow I predict is the local min and it will find support. That is why I bought 650k shares this morning!

I meant to add that after a reversal, there tends to be one whopper day of 5% or more up 5-7 days after the reversal. Perhaps it's today or still coming...

(Note, this pattern will continue until it suddenly doesn't)
(Note2: The correct action to take during all this time is to just buy and hold :) )

Welcome, and yes Tesla is great.

I bought a couple of $160 weekly call options at the absolute bottom yesterday for $3.63, and today sold the weekly $165 to create a bull call spread for $3.75. If Tesla closes above $165 this week, I will have earned a 140% return. And the best part of it, is that now it is all risk free :)

Way to go, sleepyhead. That is what I've been talking about.

Did you learn the trick from me:wink: ? or somehow it becomes natural to you?

- - - Updated - - -

It really does not require a brilliant call to make decent gain this way

Way to go, sleepyhead. That is what I've been talking about.

Did you learn the trick from me:wink: ? or somehow it becomes natural to you?

- - - Updated - - -

It really does not require a brilliant call to make decent gain this way

Kevin, I actually learned it from ongba and I have been doing this with LEAPS.

But for some reason I didn't do this with my weekly options last time, and then you pointed out that I could have done this. Don't know why it didn't cross my mind to do it with weeklies, so it was thanks to you I did it this time.

I am using this strategy for all of my calls now, whether long or short. I looked at my brokerage statement last month and it had more transactions than my phone bill has calls, lol. I showed it to my wife, who is a CPA and does our taxes, and told her: "these are the transactions you are going to have to type in for our tax return, and this is only for one month." She said that she is not typing those in, LOL.

Hi there!
I follow the Tesla story for quite some time now, it is astonishing what they have achived up to now.
The Model S drives like a spaceship, not like a car, almost surreal:)
The last days I got a little scared about the stock movements (volume).
But reading the posts in the forum provides a lot of information and helps a lot.
Great forum, great posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.