Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the link for the press conference doesn't work in germany!

You aren't missing much - it's just the governor talking, thanking all the Nevada officials who made the deal possible. The deal still needs legislative approval, though.

On edit: now that they are introducing Elon Musk, the live feed says "We're experiencing technical difficulties". I guess Nevada isn't used to the volume of people listening in to a press conference.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree. With tesla the stock will continue to propel itself with even better news. My point and opinion is if there are positive news lingering in the horizon, don't sell. Our future now lies in X and 2014 guidance which is only months away. If they are announcing gigafactory news now, x must be on time IMO.

So it's in the books that the Nevada incentives is well over $1.2 billion. WOW! This sets the tone for even higher incentives for gigafactory number two (if you know what I mean :)

I was just going to post that Nevada has set a high bar for the other states, if they want the next gigafactory. This will be fun to watch.

I would guess that 1.25B is more than most people were expecting but there's no after hours movement. Are we just early again and this needs to sink in for a day or two?

Also, I like this as a precedent, as well: "To sweeten the deal, the Nevada Legislature will be asked to pass a law clarifying that Tesla can sell cars directly to customers through a manufacturer's store, rather than requiring an auto dealer franchise agreement."

So outside of the tweets showing the deal, the main critical talking points I took away from this was that everything about the design of the factory would be as nice to the environment as possible including all power will be self generated through Solar, Wind, and Geothermal. They are shaping the factory "like a diamond" and pointing it to the north, this is perfect for the solar panels and also will allow them to track the locations of machines through GPS coordinates (which is likely very important given how freaking large this place is).

About the things Tesla is doing (the education and research money) was totally volunteered up by Tesla and was in no way asked or required of them by Nevada, which says a whole lot about the ethics of Elon and company!

Meanwhile, back in defeated State of California, the Los Angeles Times puts out a very negative story that seems pretty obviously a slam on Tesla.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-electric-vehicle-sales-20140903-story.html

Says Telsa sales are down. And of course, conflates Tesla sales with hybrid car sales, because we all know that Tesla cars and hybrid cars are so similar. :cursing:

Lumping Tesla in with hybrids by making up a new category called "electrified cars". I am embarrassed for my hometown newspaper. Transparent and petty.

I would guess that 1.25B is more than most people were expecting but there's no after hours movement. Are we just early again and this needs to sink in for a day or two?

Also, I like this as a precedent, as well: "To sweeten the deal, the Nevada Legislature will be asked to pass a law clarifying that Tesla can sell cars directly to customers through a manufacturer's store, rather than requiring an auto dealer franchise agreement."

For new shorts, it may take a few days to sink in. I love that tomorrow is Friday and the weekend will allow this to really sink in for them and investors still on the fence. Media outlets are slower in reporting these types of news so having the weekend around the corner is a prefect timing IMO. I would assume cnbc will display tesla & Elon tomorrow, perhaps more analyst upgrades?

For new shorts, it may take a few days to sink in. I love that tomorrow is Friday and the weekend will allow this to really sink in for them and investors still on the fence. Media outlets are slower in reporting these types of news so having the weekend around the corner is a prefect timing IMO. I would assume cnbc will display tesla & Elon tomorrow, perhaps more analyst upgrades?[/QUOTE]

BOA may actually raise their PT to over $100:biggrin:

Meanwhile, back in defeated State of California, the Los Angeles Times puts out a very negative story that seems pretty obviously a slam on Tesla.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-electric-vehicle-sales-20140903-story.html

Says Telsa sales are down. And of course, conflates Tesla sales with hybrid car sales, because we all know that Tesla cars and hybrid cars are so similar. :cursing:

Confusing article.

Best Comment:

From the site insideev: "Not helping August sales was Tesla shutting down its Fremont assembly facility for two weeks in late July/early August in preparation for the upcoming Model X, and to expand Model S production by 25%."

Did the author of this article do any real research?

Not again...
Phil LeBeau@Lebeaucarnews 3m
Quote of the Night: "I think our stock price is kind of high right now to be totally honest." By $TSLA CEO Elon Musk.

+1

oh Elon, you evil genius you...

"So what do you think about the current stock price?" Proper CEO response: "well honestly, it's not something I give a lot of thought to, we're just really focused on execution right now".

TMC cultists: "No way, I love how honest he is!" Or "he probably said that to setup the shorts for another squeeze!" :-/ we need to put down the koolaid once in a while. A little more refinement couldn't hurt and no, he is not consciously trying to squeeze shorts.

Last edited:
Reading through the latest 10K reports showing sales for Kimbal Musk (18,182 shares), Jurvetson (~16,000) and Deepak (~5100). Does anyone have insight on those sales in regards to pushing down the stock price during the last view days. Quite a few shares were sold at average prices between 275 - 283. Without those sales would we have already broken the $300 barrier. Any insight on the 10k reports would be greatly appreciated.

The man also said that the company will be "the most valuable company in the world" on multiple occasions. I don't have the conference call transcript, but I remember his comment about when you "do the math" of profit margin x sales numbers, assuming half a million cars a year or more, you can't argue with the results, assuming execution happens. There is just billions in profit waiting to be had as the combustion engine becomes extinct and everyone wants a Tesla Model X, III, IV, etc.

Elon Musk said:
Over the long haul, Musk think's Tesla stock is a buy, according to comments he made during Tesla's annual shareholder meeting last week. But for shortsighted investors? Not so much. "As far as the long-term future of Tesla ... I think there's a lot of potential for growth in the stock price," Musk explained. With the help of "multiple factories around the world," Musk thinks that "there is certainly the potential there for Tesla to be one of the most valuable companies in the world in the long term, contingent upon our execution, of course."

- - - Updated - - -

Reading through the latest 10K reports showing sales for Kimbal Musk (18,182 shares), Jurvetson (~16,000) and Deepak (~5100). Does anyone have insight on those sales in regards to pushing down the stock price during the last view days. Quite a few shares were sold at average prices between 275 - 283. Without those sales would we have already broken the $300 barrier. Any insight on the 10k reports would be greatly appreciated.

Directors exercising options whose vesting date arrived. No telling what effect this has had/ will have, but it's a fairly normal occurrence.

Average daily volume is on the order of 5 million shares. 39,000 would have a small effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.