Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently there is a lot of resistance at 260, do people think that would be a good time to buy some put protection and collect a little bit of money on a slight downturn (before I think it trends back upwards on the X reveal), or do people feel like it will be more likely to hover sideways around 260 and not drop at all? I'm pretty sure the X reveal is the next realistic positive catalyst unless there are surprises. (I'm ignoring the book reveal, I don't have a good feeling for which way that will drive stuff, though I do agree with some of the more awareness = more buyers comments above)

I don't think we've seen the momentum traders really jump in yet. $260 is my mark for neutral sentiment. We very well could break past that and move into decidedly bullish sentiment. The trend followers will want to jump in and ride it to a new ATH. We have not yet seen aggressive buying on this leg up.

Even though it is lowish volume, it does seem to keep spiking as we build up above 250... so someone keeps trying to fight us back down. It could also just be that people had a bunch of limit orders to take their profits before we get to 260 which is a potential "peak". If I was trying to make short term plays I would be dumping out around here stock wise as well, because it gets quite uncertain when you get to 260 if we will really break through or go back down.

FinancialJuice on Twitter:

Does this mean what I think it means?
What do you think it means? Does Apple have a patent they are suing Tesla over? Or is Apple starting to use one of Tesla's patents? If Apple plans on making an electric car I would think they would not want to sue Tesla as Tesla may not think Apple is using their patents in "good faith." Or is this a random made-up tweet?

What do you think it means? Does Apple have a patent they are suing Tesla over? Or is Apple starting to use one of Tesla's patents? If Apple plans on making an electric car I would think they would not want to sue Tesla as Tesla may not think Apple is using their patents in "good faith." Or is this a random made-up tweet?

The way the word initiate is used in the tweet seems to imply it means to "activate" the patent for implementation.

On top of this, more good news from China.

Buyers of a Tesla Model S will get a Free License Plate in Tianjin, China | CarNewsChina.com - China Auto News

Status
Not open for further replies.