Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, i was in Paramus a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how empty the lot was. Where have all the CPOs gone? They must be selling like crazy (unless Tesla is parking them somewhere else now).

This doesn't affect new vehicle deliveries, but worth noting with ER coming up in a few weeks.

Thanks Flux: Maybe a little teaser about a model S refresh?

That's funny, as I went to bed last night I considered they might change the styling to match the MX starting Jan. 2016. It's been 4 years and there are quite a few interesting features now on the X that could translate into the MS. This would also reduce the challenges on the supply / manufacturing line if both cars were similar.

* Styling
* Air filter system
* Windshield (that might be a stretch)
* Self presenting doors

This would inspire continued Model S sales and create a fleet of CPO opportunities which is also not well factored into next year's projections. My rationale is, 5 years seems a bit too long for a restyle at such a progressive organization. The fact that they are so rigid on the model year thing would suggest Jan. 16 Model S cars will get some upgrades. Going another step in this line of thinking. This could have contributed to the time it took to complete the MX build. And it would be a significant boost we need right now to jazz everything into new highs. I have not seen any commentary on the subject which is equally important. Once the media creates an expectation it becomes very challenging to execute in the real world. I don't envy those presenting products and services to the public. It's vicious!

Ahh, I feel better now. I really want to get past the week. It's been brutal for me and we have our very first cool weekend coming here in Florida. 66 in the evening / 81 for a high, and finally DRY on Saturday.

This Tesla tribute CGI "Ad" is really cool. Could be a viral thing, who knows:

Tesla - Fireflies on Vimeo

This ad has very good visual storytelling. The fireflies are at once symbol and very good pointers drawing the eyes to key features. This seems like more than just a fan peice; somebody would really like to get an agency contract.

I think it is about time for Tesla to start advertising. Not because they need to stimulate demand, but because it is time to reframe consumer expectations about the future of autos.

The thing I like about Bioweapon Defense Mode is that is is social commentary on how we have all simply accepted the assult of nasty auto emissions on our own lungs and those of are children. In fact, exhaust is rude, nasty and offensive behavior. Rolling coal simply underscores this point as it is an intentional expression of offensive behavior. So it is time for society to set higher social expectations.

This ad has very good visual storytelling. The fireflies are at once symbol and very good pointers drawing the eyes to key features. This seems like more than just a fan peice; somebody would really like to get an agency contract.

I think it is about time for Tesla to start advertising. Not because they need to stimulate demand, but because it is time to reframe consumer expectations about the future of autos.

The thing I like about Bioweapon Defense Mode is that is is social commentary on how we have all simply accepted the assult of nasty auto emissions on our own lungs and those of are children. In fact, exhaust is rude, nasty and offensive behavior. Rolling coal simply underscores this point as it is an intentional expression of offensive behavior. So it is time for society to set higher social expectations.

Unfortunately, the Bio button oversold the real world benefit for my family. Allergies! I promise that my wife who suffers significantly from pollen here in Florida regularly will only drive the MX when we get it. She'll start coughing and sniffling if a neighbor across the lake starts a leaf fire. (as in leaves from a tree, not the car!)

There seem to be subtle differences to the outsides. the rear lights, a slitely blunter nose. am i imagining things?

Is this what's creating the drop in pre-market?
Oh c'mon, when was the last time we had such a long string of red candles?!
All futures ar flashing green and Tesla is collapsing again?
Are we going to go as low as the 200 DMA? It's "only" a few $ to go...Hope that provides a good support.

Monthly US jobs numbers came in well under the expectation of 201k new jobs added at only 143k I think was the number, this crashed US futures, TSLA was trading at yesterdays close before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.