Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just visited this webpage:

Toyota Mirai – The Turning Point

And looking over it it is amazing to me at how much Toyota is now copying what Tesla is doing. From the graphic of the car in the shadows to the opening of the patents. The whole page smells like desperation to me and now that they are the major sponsor of the Olympics and are supposedly going to use that as the launch pad for their fcv.

That thing is going to bomb so badly..... What a waste of energy/resources/brainpower.

Anything that gets people to think about cars/transportation in a new way is a good thing. Hopefully things like this cause people to let go of their ICE only mentality & consider alternatives. Once they start looking around at the other options, they'll find what's right for their lifestyle.

we're a subset of people who do not need convincing that Elon Musk leads groups of people to develop and execute technological advancements further and faster than far more richly funded organizations conventional wisdom views as established, revered, leaders in their fields, e.g. the German automakers, Boeing... (well, I'm guessing some on Boeing, I don't really know enough about the industry to know, but I think they fit this category). SpaceX already has helped to demonstrate what we've seen, and I think it's quite clear that landing that rocket for reuse will signal this as nothing before from SpaceX has to us and everyone else who sees it. in other words, seeing a landing of a rocket on a platform will be a visceral experience of how hollow and disingenuous the "big boys will just squash Tesla when they want to," "anyone can just string together a bunch of laptops batteries," "Musk is all twitter hype and promises about a decade from now", "all he's doing is taking government funds to give the rich a 4th car new toy," and "Musk is just a carnival barker," gibberish is. A good deal of the nonsense written about Musk/Tesla could now be given the short-hand answer, "you mean the guy who led SpaceX to reusable rockets", or "show me the video of "the big boys" sticking a landing of a rocket from orbit" (or for that matter Barnum and Bailey doing this). I'm not saying the stock pops big with the landing, but I do believe it has a short and long term impact on the collective awareness of Musk/Tesla's place in the advancement of technologies.

Last edited:
So I guess I've been sucked into the short-term thread again after my holiday (during which TSLA gained 8% - I should go on more holidays).
I've also opened a virtual options account since I've heard of too many people getting burned badly when they start on options so I'm using this to get some exposure to, and experience with, the behaviour of options and hopefully learn some of the pitfalls and risks.

I've not had my finger on the pulse much recently. What catalysts can we look out for this week? I see the TA, for what it's worth, is very undecided about what 'should' happen this week.

Technology aside, how can a car be so boringly dull and freakishly ugly at the same time? The face looks like a Gremlin when you spray water on it. The whole thing just reaks of desperation. "Look at me I'm so futuristic".

I really like 153 hp for a $57k car. I wouldn't be surprised if my upcoming smart ED could out-accelerate it to 60, 3.5x the lease price for hardly anything at all.

Oh, and only 40 fueling stations planned for all of California by the end of 2016.

Yea. Zero threat to Tesla stock price here!

.... A good deal of the nonsense written about Musk/Tesla could now be given the short-hand answer, "you mean the guy who led SpaceX to reusable rockets", or "show me the video of "the big boys" sticking a landing of a rocket from orbit" (or for that matter Barnum and Bailey doing this). I'm not saying the stock pops big with the landing, but I do believe it has a short and long term impact on the collective awareness of Musk/Tesla's place in the advancement of technologies.

Oh god that would be Christmas in April. PLEASE give us that.

Looking on some of the space enthusiast websites (the most important and relevant one to watch is nasaspaceflight.com ) it seems like most of the space nerds (I am one of them, I actually found out about Tesla because I was already following SpaceX) are optomistic about this launch and landing attempt. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the first stage will make a good landing on the "Just read the directions" automated spaceport drone ship.

Anything that gets people to think about cars/transportation in a new way is a good thing. Hopefully things like this cause people to let go of their ICE only mentality & consider alternatives. Once they start looking around at the other options, they'll find what's right for their lifestyle.

On the other hand hydrogen is a distraction, taking time, money, and resources, away from the move to EV's, and falsely letting people think there are better alternatives to EVs. I'm not sure the over all effect is positive.

On the other hand hydrogen is a distraction, taking time, money, and resources, away from the move to EV's, and falsely letting people think there are better alternatives to EVs. I'm not sure the over all effect is positive.

Not if it points them to EVs quicker. I agree with Bonnie. If Toyota flogs this puppy all over the place, it will get people thinking non-ICE. Once they realize there's something else out there, they're more likely to dig deeper and arrive at EVs. We've already written most of the OEMs off as ever getting serious about long range BEVs, but they can still help world awareness by advertising their less than stellar non-ICE thingymabobs and get people thinking alternative. They're not going to spend the money making BEVs, they might as well spend the money making the Model S, X and 3 look like the obvious choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.