Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I replace "DUAL MOTOR" emblem with "P3D+"?

Should I replace DUAL MOTOR with P3D+?

• Yes-way cooler

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • No-keep it factory

Votes: 63 75.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m the kind of guy who doesn’t like to advertise things on the back of my car—whether it’s bumper stickers, custom license plates and frames, or badges. I just don’t want the attention. While I’m too lazy/cheap to remove the default stuff I’m happy that my P3D- doesn’t have the red underline under the “Dual Motor.” I prefer to smoke people when they’re least expecting :) j/k, but it’s an example of how I prefer understatement in general.

But different strokes for different folks. In your case I think P3D+ is a term only Tesla fans and forum denizens would recognize, so maybe you’ll get to wave to other fellow Tesla owners. That’s cool too. You do you. :)

Reactions: PWlakewood
I hate it when manufacturers develop a brand and sub Model then change the names. I love the P3D+ badge, if I had a 3 I would just go naked as the Long Range badge looks so stupid. It's your car do what you want.

I think a badge called the "Taycan Beater" would be better!

I'm just going to try to plasti dip mine. If I don't like it I'll remove it. It's the only indicator I have a performance model though, granted most people do not know what it means. People in the know, would assume it's a standard range model 3 without the badge though.

Fun to play with badges.
Get some comments with this one.
IMG_2517.jpg

Everyone-thanks for the feedback/info/thoughts (...mostly;-). I'm not trying to go over the top and be "that guy", I think I just like the color scheme and simplicity of the P3D vs. Dual Motor (with red line) considering it is saying the same thing (one formal, one less formal). Non-tesla folks won't know what dual motor with a red line means just as much as they won't know what P3D is. As a few folks said, the best answer is do what I like best... So, I'm going to give it a few weeks with the dual motor (now that I have the red T E S L A) and then may make the switch...whatever I"m feeling then!. Thanks for all the help and great information on this forum!

Reactions: Dre78 and GHammer
I still don't have a Dual Motor badge. I like it naked. ;)

If you want to customize, how about re-arranging the letters. Some options:

Mortal Duo
Ultra Doom
Adult Room
Laud Motor (ok ok, that doesn't quite work)
Mad Toro is another good one.

I was able to rearrange the letters to spell my surname. So my car is personalized.

FWIW, I hate the T E S L A decal. Don’t mind the p3d+. One man’s meat is another man’s poison.