Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should most likely be taking delivery tomorrow, Model 3 SR+, any questions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! Longtime Tesla fan here and I'm finally (well, should be, the bank is slow to respond) taking delivery of my SR+ Model 3 tomorrow, March 30th, at Tesla Oakville. Was just wondering if you guys had any questions or if you could share some well-known tips to better help in my delivery experience.

The most important thing these days is that Tesla is switching all production to Autopilot hardware 3.0. I would expect them to announce the switch between 10-20 April 2019. As long as you are aware of this and you are OK with that, that's fine. However, if you were not aware and nobody told you about it when you started this thread and you found out two weeks from now, that could be disappointing. So that's why I wanted to mention this detail.

Here are some links about HW3:
  • The news broke here.
  • Listen to Elon's comments here after 17:10.
  • Check out the discussion topic here. Feel free to ask me questions about HW3.0 either in that thread or here.

The most important thing these days is that Tesla is switching all production to Autopilot hardware 3.0. I would expect them to announce the switch between 10-20 April 2019. As long as you are aware of this and you are OK with that, that's fine. However, if you were not aware and nobody told you about it when you started this thread and you found out two weeks from now, that could be disappointing. So that's why I wanted to mention this detail.

Here are some links about HW3:
  • The news broke here.
  • Listen to Elon's comments here after 17:10.
  • Check out the discussion topic here. Feel free to ask me questions about HW3.0 either in that thread or here.
There's a lot of talk of cars built after March 15 including HW3 already. I don't know with 100% certainty though.

Look carefully for paint defect panels misaligned, scratches. Take your time even if the person delivering you the car is in a rush. Whatever you can have noted by Tesla on delivery day will be adressed by Tesla. And of course, enjoy the new car ! :)

Hey guys! Longtime Tesla fan here and I'm finally (well, should be, the bank is slow to respond) taking delivery of my SR+ Model 3 tomorrow, March 30th, at Tesla Oakville. Was just wondering if you guys had any questions or if you could share some well-known tips to better help in my delivery experience.

Check the under trunk liner; crumpled ones have been delivered - most people accepted them because it's a minor issue, the hold still hold ;).

Panel gap issues, lights misaligned, paint defects etc. The usual - they have a check list they give you. You can always bring your own. Personally, my car has some defects - I rather enjoy them as they make the car unique and illustrates the part of a new company growing up.

Watch the videos on the Tesla site.
Take a look around the car, just as you have done for every other car.
Make sure that you can get in and know how to drive the car
Pair your phone
Setup phone docks in car for both phones
Sign paper work, time for your short road trip! Go find one of those picture perfect locations in the country to take some pictures of your ear to ear grin!

Congrats! As mentioned above, take your time to go over the paint. They rush you a bit and I think it's not because they don't want you to find things but rather they have a queue of deliveries to get to. Don't be afraid to tell them to move on to the next customer while you inspect. Yes, it will delay you driving out the door but its time well spent, imo. Bring an LED flashlight. Also look at interior panels to make sure they're aligned properly and free of defects. In addition to a couple of paint defects, my interior door panel had a blister in it, A-pillar trim was warped, and one of the console doors was a bit sticky. May also want to bring some blue painter's tape to mark any issues. Although it took some time, Tesla fixed all of my concerns.