Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me those Arachnid wheels / Spiders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B2B10902-BDE4-458C-B744-98EAC9D216D6.jpeg
4BDCEFFE-67F8-46E7-ADE4-73B5EC6F9F96.jpeg

Finally cleaned up!

Very slick.

I thought all original Tesla wheels are simply painted - not powdercoated.

Do you know which powdercoat supplier is used ? I.e. Prismantic Powders?

Do you know the name of the colour?

Would like to know this too. I'm getting mine powder coated Satin Black but if the Onyx is different I'll have them do that instead! I figured they were very similar

Jesus, that is a unicorn. P85DL+?! That's up in the same league as the rare P85+ Autopilot cars.

Yup we have one of the rare P85DL+ Teslas. Bought it in the exact colors we wanted loaded with every option except 3rd row seats (which we didn't want) at our local Tesla showroom floor as an "inventory car". It even also has the rare Recaro rear seats.

Absolutely love it!

Another TMC user saw it and claimed it was a YETI since it is even more rare than a "unicorn". :D

P85DL+, with Recaro rear seats, wow. The only thing that would up your unicorn-ness would be gray or black Arachnids, as they no longer offer them for redemption as a referral prize. Just silver is offered these days. I've seen a few gray sets (I have 'em in gray) but I've only seen 1 black set personally.

/edit, although, now that I think about it, the only time Recaro rears were even potentially offered was during that brief "+" era. The two went hand in hand even though not everyone got them.

/edit 2. Another potential unicorn addition would be executive rear seats in a P85DL+...

I bet, Question do your mirrors adjust so you can see the wheel and curb when you go into reverse?
Yes, but honestly it took me a week or so of ownership to realize it's a setting in the menu to turn that on. At first I didn't think my car did that. All part of the Tesla learning curve.

/edit. Turn on the setting in the menu, then adjust the mirrors to where you want them tilted down while in reverse. Save as part of your driver profile. You have to actually be in reverse while making the adjustment.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby
Outch So new they still have the sticker residue on the rims and you already clipped a curb :(
img_4891-jpg.295319

Yup my otherwise awesome wife accidentally rubbed against a curb pulling into a parking spot away from other cars. She doesn't drive our Tesla much... and I did the same thing to one of our Turbines the first week we got our slightly imperfect "inventory" P85D+ so the saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" definitely applies. Part of the price we pay having low profile tires & wide wheels. We drive our P85D+ a lot. It's definitely not a low mileage "show & shine" garage queen that owner's are unknowingly saving for the next owner. We love those guys. They save us THOU$AND$ when we buy their pristine cars from them when they have to have the next shinier / quicker new model.

Washed my car, finally dare to post a pic ;).

Not many silver model S cars around it seems. I first wanted to powder coat the arachnids, but I really like the silver on silver look now that they’re on.

Attachments

• 62109CA0-89D7-4E5B-9A32-493F5F9A21B6.jpeg
    62109CA0-89D7-4E5B-9A32-493F5F9A21B6.jpeg
    722.5 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: FlatSix911