Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

significantly improved AP since delivery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
since my delivery in february, ive seen a substantial improvement in AP and curious if others have also noticed.

initially i tried AP off and on for the first several weeks and had some bad phantom braking events. it was also terrible in stop and go traffic (waiting too long to accelerate, then accelerating hard and then braking hard).

in the past couple weeks i decided to retry AP since ive had what seems to be 10+ updates since purchase.

pleasantly surprised that the car has had no phantom braking episodes and is finally usable in stop and go traffic.

Reactions: Yelobird and Dewg
since my delivery in february, ive seen a substantial improvement in AP and curious if others have also noticed.

initially i tried AP off and on for the first several weeks and had some bad phantom braking events. it was also terrible in stop and go traffic (waiting too long to accelerate, then accelerating hard and then braking hard).

in the past couple weeks i decided to retry AP since ive had what seems to be 10+ updates since purchase.

pleasantly surprised that the car has had no phantom braking episodes and is finally usable in stop and go traffic.
Yes, there has been much improvement, even in the last 6 months. I'm having the same experience as you, where phantom braking was a problem when I bought the car in early 2021, but it's gotten better and better over time. Now I have much less PBs, and when I do they are usually minor speed changes (few MPH and then right back up). I do occasionally get bigger PBs, but it's much rarer, and usually something I can understand why - such as the speed limit changing, or traffic pattern switches in construction zones that have the Tesla thinking it's on a side street instead of the freeway. Whenever there is heavy construction zones, I tend to take over until I'm past it.

I also think when you first get the car you are on an older version of the software for awhile. I too took delivery in Feb and I had some phantom braking (under bridges) at first that I no longer have since updating to newer software. Plus I think it has just improved as well.

AP keeps the car in the middle of the lane markings. That said, I recently noticed that while going through tight curves the car leans into the turn keeping very close to the outer lane marking, and almost riding the lane marker.