Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Site no longer works]Got tired of using Tesla.com and EV-CPO to search inventory, so I built my own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The layout of EV-CPO has always put me off. Could definitely be upgraded because it looks like a 1999 Excel spreadsheet

It's nice to have a picture of the actual car shown with each listing like on Tesla's CPO site

But right now, no CPO site is helpful because Tesla has zero used cars listed!

Thanks!
Yea. They do this every week or two where they reset the inventory. No clue why...

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornDriver
What data points would you like and is csv good?

The following data points would be nice. CVS format is good. Thanks.

1. Vin#
2. Model (M3,MX, MS ...)
3. Year
4. Color (Black, White, MSM, Blue, Red)
5. Battery (LR, SR, MR, MR+)
6. Motor (AWD, RWD, P)
7. Interior Seat ((black, White)
8. Interior Option (Premium, Partial Prem)
8. Options (AP, EAP, FSD)
9. Wheels (18, 19, 20)
10. Price ($xx,xxx.xx Currency)
11. Listing type (New, Used)
12. Mileage
13. Location
14. Today (yyyy-mm-dd)
15. Time (hh.mm)

edit:
16. Summary Line - Total # of cars (by trim - RWD, AWD, P)

Last edited:
The following data points would be nice. CVS format is good. Thanks.

1. Vin#
2. Model (M3,MX, MS ...)
3. Year
4. Color (Black, White, MSM, Blue, Red)
5. Battery (LR, SR, MR, MR+)
6. Motor (AWD, RWD, P)
7. Interior Seat ((black, White)
8. Interior Option (Premium, Partial Prem)
8. Options (AP, EAP, FSD)
9. Wheels (18, 19, 20)
10. Price ($xx,xxx.xx Currency)
11. Listing type (New, Used)
12. Mileage
13. Location
14. Today (yyyy-mm-dd)
15. Time (hh.mm)

edit:
16. Summary Line - Total # of cars (by trim - RWD, AWD, P)

I would love to provide you with that data, but at this time this is my only request for CSV. Let's try this for a first pass... I can provide you with a CSV download of the current vehicles that you have filtered. To get a full dataset of all current vehicles, you will need to download the CSV for each model (new and used variants). If I receive more requests for this, I will consider making it more robust. I hope this helps you! I will be adding this in tonight's release. I will post about it within the next few hours.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
I would love to provide you with that data, but at this time this is my only request for CSV. Let's try this for a first pass... I can provide you with a CSV download of the current vehicles that you have filtered. To get a full dataset of all current vehicles, you will need to download the CSV for each model (new and used variants). If I receive more requests for this, I will consider making it more robust. I hope this helps you! I will be adding this in tonight's release. I will post about it within the next few hours.

Yes, Filtered subset is very acceptable. I agree that the full dataset is overkill and would bloat your web site. Would the export function be near the filtered button ?

EV-CPO used to be the only option, but every single person I've referred to it has commented on how terrible the usability is. @garey is just calling it like it is. Tezz.la looks great. One small thought in regards to sorting is that maybe the ascending/descending buttons are unneeded and a simple up/down arrow can be placed beside the sort by button that you've selected. Tapping on it if it's already selected would invert the sorting. Also another request would be to allow displaying in a simple table layout rather than a grid. When the list gets long, it might be easier to see more data at once.

Thanks for putting this together. Tesla doesn't show all data and the other sites just look terrible. I think you're solving both those problems here.

Yes, Filtered subset is very acceptable. I agree that the full dataset is overkill and would bloat your web site. Would the export function be near the filtered button ?

Alright! In tonight's release:

CSV Download - downloads all filtered results to a CSV file. (download button is below New / Used buttons on top right of page)
Sorting - Instead of clicking "Asc" or "Desc", you can click on any sort heading to sort by the respective heading. If you click the active heading again, it will reverse the sort order. Also, if you click the "SORT BY" text it will reverse the sort order.
Styles and display changes - various updates to display. Sorting menu and filter menu are only displayed once a model/condition is selected. Country dropdown looks a little better.

Here's a gif recap of the first two features

sort_feature.gif

csv_feature.gif

Let me know what you think about the CSV, @myt-e-s-l-a

Alright! In tonight's release:

CSV Download - downloads all filtered results to a CSV file. (download button is below New / Used buttons on top right of page)
Sorting - Instead of clicking "Asc" or "Desc", you can click on any sort heading to sort by the respective heading. If you click the active heading again, it will reverse the sort order. Also, if you click the "SORT BY" text it will reverse the sort order.
Styles and display changes - various updates to display. Sorting menu and filter menu are only displayed once a model/condition is selected. Country dropdown looks a little better.

Here's a gif recap of the first two features

View attachment 453211

View attachment 453213

Let me know what you think about the CSV, @myt-e-s-l-a

This is cool. Im checking it out right now. Will let you know. Thanks again. @garey

Here's a thought for both @garey and @EV-CPO...

Tesla has specific delivery centers that are used for delivering used cars. For used Model 3's, it's possible to have a rough idea where a used vehicle is by searching multiple ZIP codes for different metro areas and seeing which cars appear. Any chance of creating a filter that can differentiate between used Model 3's on the West vs East coast? I'll bet people are willing to roadtrip to avoid that $2000 delivery fee if the car is close enough.

Here's a thought for both @garey and @EV-CPO...

Tesla has specific delivery centers that are used for delivering used cars. For used Model 3's, it's possible to have a rough idea where a used vehicle is by searching multiple ZIP codes for different metro areas and seeing which cars appear. Any chance of creating a filter that can differentiate between used Model 3's on the West vs East coast? I'll bet people are willing to roadtrip to avoid that $2000 delivery fee if the car is close enough.

It’s a great idea. It requires me to make a list of all of the service centers and associate them with a state/region manually. I just haven’t taken the time to look through the list of locations and organize it. Eventually I will.

If you want to look for nearby locations by state, @EV-CPO has the upper hand. He has already organized his service centers by state so you can filter them by state.

In the interest of brevity all I'm going to say that given perfect data, that would be possible. But Tesla data is far, far from perfect. Tesla used to have a populated field 'NearbyDeliveryArea' which was a list of nearby states local to the actual location of the car, which (back then) they would deliver to for free. But the data was horribly inaccurate. There would be cars physically located on the west coast, but the 'NearbyDeliveryArea' would be something like: "MD, PA, NJ, DE, NY". Or cars would change physical locations, but the data wouldn't reflect this.

I have zero confidence that when you enter a zip code on Tesla's site now (for used cars), that it actually shows you cars "near" that zip code or even in that region. I think it's a placebo field (not true for new/inventory cars). Since Tesla will gladly ship you any car from anywhere for $2000, does the actual location even matter to them? I don't think it does. Therefore, even if Garey or I were to query every zip code and analyze every car to devine a meta-region (West,Central,East, for example), I really don't believe it would be accurate enough to say "this car is on the west coast" or "that car is on the east coast". And the last thing I would want is a user to believe a car is close enough to be picked up, but in reality, on the opposite coast.

Last edited:
upload_2019-9-13_13-40-57.png

@garey

This data is very helpful and has most (and more) of the data I was interested in. I took the liberty of reformatting the columns and titles above for better readability. I wanted to keep the important cols on the main page without having to scroll.

Otherwise it looks great.

I would like to make a number of suggestions.

1) Can you reorder the order of columns as shown above

2) Change Header Odometer Miles title to “Miles/KM”

3) Change Header Href to “Link”

4) Capitalize 1st letter of title

5) Format Miles to number (9,999) format

6) Format Price to currency ($99,999) format

7) Add datetime column (B). This could be when the export occurred.

8) Location Unknown shortened to just “Unknown”

9) Autopilot and Full Self Driving shortened to AP , FSD

10) The wheels columns has data issue (shows as 18’’ Aero Wheels)

11) Add summary with statistics to end of file
upload_2019-9-13_13-41-25.png

What do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.