Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there are some others depending on region. But not sure if this is up-to-date. In particular, it talks about increasing the bitrate of slacker which as far as I know is not possible. Moreover, I heard slacker is only streaming at 64kbps. Is that true?

Streaming Audio | TeslaTap

Yes, 64kb by default... the S/X used to have a way to turn that up to 128kb but I think they removed it- 3 never had that option.

I'm curious, is Slacker also the streaming service on the Model S and X as well?

In the US? Yup.

Also, that voice command thing works....some of the time. I paid for that ability and it still will start a new station with the relevant artist but not the song.
I heard "Sail" by AWOLNATION while streaming the alternative music channel. It really put the sound system through its paces. I requested the song again, and the system played every other AWOLNATION song, but would not play "Sail" again even when asked specifically. What is up with that???

But isn't it more important that they focus on driving dynamics and advanced driver-assistance systems? Obviously, we'd like to have it all but I'm sure their focus was not on the infotainment. Perhaps once they sustain profitability, they can create and hire a separate infotainment group to catch up with the rest of the industry. But for now, they've clearly focused on the other aspects.
They seem to have all this time to code trivial easter eggs but they can't be bothered to have someone work on the media player that nearly every Tesla owner uses on a daily basis?

• Love
Reactions: voip-ninja
Hoping that in light of their Pandora acquisition, that streaming SiriusXM becomes an option for the default radio. Would love Spotify too, don't get me wrong, but for set-it-and-forget-it, much prefer radio than a playlist and Pandora stations on their own are pretty great as is human-curated content for Sirius (plus Howard and other category-specific channels)

Yes... it'd be really great if they'd either allow you to run CarPlay or perhaps open up APIs so developers could create custom apps available in an App Store (like Spotify did with BMW, though that was a feature within the iOS Spotify app and was dependent on phone USB connection.)

As for sound crackling, I heard it earlier and thought something was loose in the dashboard. I paused the song, then pressed play and it was gone. Very odd distortion sound.

Thanks for all the replies from folks who have heard the crackling and/or skipping. Makes me at least feel that I'm not alone! Now... if I could just get hold of service for my black screen and a few of these other items that need a tuneup.

I heard "Sail" by AWOLNATION while streaming the alternative music channel. It really put the sound system through its paces. I requested the song again, and the system played every other AWOLNATION song, but would not play "Sail" again even when asked specifically. What is up with that???

it will only play a song by request once in a 24 hour period, in my experience.

Google Music integrates my music and it's free. I don't really want to use Android Auto since I actually really enjoy the on board GPS, but it would be nice if I could somehow access google music on my car.
Does your Google music integrates through your phone to M3 or does M3 has the capability to access your own google music independently through Tesla's LTE?

I'll just leave this here

RJXNaosZy-AZVBOFoAU5aaUAXCyGFEj4MthhAYBEq5c.jpg

source: Owner on Facebook claims he got his 3 back from service and Slacker was replaced with Spotify?! (Texas) Software 36.2. : teslamotors

Am I the only person that hasn't used the slacker or the internet radio? First thing I did was download many high quality music files on to a thumb drive and plugged it into the car. I supplement anything else with music from google play (for music and podcast). Throw in the occasional audio book and my need for slacker is null and void haha. I've found the quality of satellite radio on other cars.... appalling to say the least, another thing I'm not missing. I'm surprised there hasn't been complaints about the lack of CD, miniDisc, cassette, 8 track and vinyl. How dare Tesla not include a miniDisc???? I need it!!! ;):p

Am I the only person that hasn't used the slacker or the internet radio? First thing I did was download many high quality music files on to a thumb drive and plugged it into the car. I supplement anything else with music from google play (for music and podcast). Throw in the occasional audio book and my need for slacker is null and void haha. I've found the quality of satellite radio on other cars.... appalling to say the least, another thing I'm not missing. I'm surprised there hasn't been complaints about the lack of CD, miniDisc, cassette, 8 track and vinyl. How dare Tesla not include a miniDisc???? I need it!!! ;):p
Having not done this yet, I recall that there's some requirement about the folder you put the files in? And then can you control everything from the screen (clearly, you must as you don't have control over the thumbdrive otherwise!). What info does it show? I'd run out and test, but my car is at the tint shop.

OH! And another reason I've not been doing this is that I'm using both front USB ports for my wireless charger. Clearly I need to add alternate USB power up front, so that these "smart" ports can be used for smart things.

Having not done this yet, I recall that there's some requirement about the folder you put the files in? And then can you control everything from the screen (clearly, you must as you don't have control over the thumbdrive otherwise!). What info does it show? I'd run out and test, but my car is at the tint shop.

OH! And another reason I've not been doing this is that I'm using both front USB ports for my wireless charger. Clearly I need to add alternate USB power up front, so that these "smart" ports can be used for smart things.

There's a tutorial here on TMC. A quick search should turn it up. The audio quality is worth the initial set up for me. Compressed digital streaming is like nails on a chalk board to me. I wonder if tidal would ever be an option (because of the high quality audio) It would be a good match for the M3 audio system. If the album art is embedded in the MP3 it will be shown like using it to play other music sources along with name of the artist and song title.

I wonder is a usb hub would work with the M3? That might be worth a try!

There's a tutorial here on TMC. A quick search should turn it up. The audio quality is worth the initial set up for me. Compressed digital streaming is like nails on a chalk board to me. I wonder if tidal would ever be an option (because of the high quality audio) It would be a good match for the M3 audio system. If the album art is embedded in the MP3 it will be shown like using it to play other music sources along with name of the artist and song title.

I wonder is a usb hub would work with the M3? That might be worth a try!
A hub foes work. I don't have one but others have posted that it works.

I'll just leave this here

source: Owner on Facebook claims he got his 3 back from service and Slacker was replaced with Spotify?! (Texas) Software 36.2. : teslamotors

Seriously, what is going on here??? Is Tesla switching over to Spotify, or is this a hoax???

It would be REALLY GREAT if they did replace Slacker (great name!) for Spotify. The paid subscription to Spotify is really good. Sound quality is excellent, being able to play full albums and create your own playlists is great.

Can someone please provide more info about this?