Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Coming to Canada This Weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a thread on this in the Canada forum. I tried it this morning in an underground garage at work. Moved out of the spot very quickly, but then turned right towards a dead end (I was to the left about 50 feet away) so I stopped it right away. There does not appear to be a "come to me" option (at least not on the initial glance) - looks to be smart summon to a spot on the map - which likely explains why it got confused in the underground parking garage. (Don't worry, it was early morning and this was in a quiet back section of the garage).

No come to me option?

I tried it quickly in the parking garage of my building. Did not see a “come to me” option, just the option to go to spot on the map, which in the underground garage was not so precise.
It pulled out of the spot (pretty quickly) and started to turn right (which would have been a dead end, I was to the left about 50 feet away) so I stopped it right away.

Noticed that as well. Stange, it mentions "Come to me" in the release notes though. Probably how our crippled version in Canada is going to be.
You have to hit the 'target' icon on the map screen to enable come to me.

I also noticed in the autopilot summon options in car there is now a (greyed out) toggle for hold to summon and click to summon like they have in the states. Hopefully that means they will unlock that feature soon too (or they greyed it out to keep the GUI consistent).

Reactions: Vawlkus
How has it been neutered? I haven't tried it since I was home and used regular summon out of driveway, but it has come to me and the radius it works in seems pretty large. When I leave the gym in a bit I'll try the come to me, but it seems fully functional?
Aren’t the buttons and set up different? Does it show the map and the object detection? The chatter here is you don’t.

So can anyone confirm the radius is 50ft (vs 150ft) and it goes much slower compared to the US version?
Definitely more than 50 ft radius drawn....testing it now in a more isolated spot of the parking lot at my gym...

Screenshot_20191011-092812.png

Edit: from the edge of the circle to my car is 95 paces. I'm 6'1" so that seems like even more than 150 feet.

Screenshot_20191011-093112.png

You have to hit the 'target' icon on the map screen to enable come to me.

I also noticed in the autopilot summon options in car there is now a (greyed out) toggle for hold to summon and click to summon like they have in the states. Hopefully that means they will unlock that feature soon too (or they greyed it out to keep the GUI consistent).
So they switched up where and how Come to me is shown for Canada? The US release Come to me is on the main app screen.

So they switched up where and how Come to me is shown for Canada? The US release Come to me is on the main app screen.
I guess ...I haven't paid much attention to the us release because I thought we would never get it and was a bit jealous....this morning I tried using it to back out of my garage and it detected me standing by the car. It showed a message in the app saying waiting for pedestrian or something like that.