Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon now out in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I posted on the main thread by accident I'll cross-post here as it's relevant.

The car now has Autopark / Disable continuous press as an option. This means the car will keep driving with a single click with no one in the car. Interesting times ahead.

Require Continuous Press: By default, Summon requires that you press and hold a button on the mobile app or the key fob accessory to move Model 3 during the parking process. When Require Continuous Press is set to NO, you can press and release the button—you don't need to hold it down to keep the vehicle moving. Also, Require Continuous Press must be set to NO if you want to operate Summon using the key fob accessory instead of the mobile app (see Operating Summon with the Key on page 94), or if you want to start a parking sequence from inside the vehicle (see Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle on page 95).

Basically you can enable auto parking the car before you exit, then exit and it will park itself. Or you can summon with a single click and not have to hold down the key fob / app button.

So for me the patch had:

Smart Summon
Summon with Key Fob
Driving Visualisation Improvements (cones) (but it says this will only happen when Navigate on Autopilot is engaged) - but we do not have that. Patch note error? Do I get my cones?
Stopping Mode
Scheduled Departure
Ludicrous mode Acceleration Improvements
Automatic Navigation (which is it looks at your calendar and if there is something there will nav to it.
No Navigate on Autopilot - which makes me very sad and makes me think this specific patch for Australia/NZ was to specially omit this.

Had some fun with smart summon in my S tonight. It's good for a laugh and good for freaking people out but very early in development and more often than not, it runs into problems in complex Carpark situations. Still amazing to watch it in action and will only improve from here.

Reactions: Hairyman
Has anyone dared to use Smart Summon in a busy Carpark? I have tried it in an empty one and it seems the car does not keep left when manoeuvring down parking aisles. I can imagine other drives would be very annoyed with a car blocking their path and then simple stopping.

Has anyone dared to use Smart Summon in a busy Carpark? I have tried it in an empty one and it seems the car does not keep left when manoeuvring down parking aisles. I can imagine other drives would be very annoyed with a car blocking their path and then simple stopping.
I tried it today at bunnings and agree it follows american road rules by driving on the wrong side of the road. I thinks some software person pressed the wrong button.
Found a good use for smart summon though. Packed my car from the trolley, then held ‘follow me’ and the car followed me obediently back to the trolley bay. It was in the same aisle as I’m not too adventurous yet. Deposited trolley and jumped into the drivers seats to some very strange looks.