Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summon, Smart Summon, AutoPark and safe Autopilot (aka EAP) won’t work until uss are installed or new radar placed behind front and rear bumpers.
Well, if this is true i am disappointed because it did work before based on limited usage in certain situations. When I joined FDSBeta my hope was that as the software updates improved and the neural nets became trained, the summon feature would eventually work as advertised. As i understand now however, a critical piece in allowing the car NOT to hit certain obstacles with precision such as trees, curbs, or even other edge cases must rely in updated ultra sonics and updated radar which my Model S doesnt have. i guess im a little confused because i thought the technology was in the car but just hadnt been fully realjzed because of the software? As i mentioned above in my orig post it does seem like when i am in a parking lot the car sees cars, curbs, and “lanes” with a higher degree of detail then ever before.

New 2023s since 10/22 have been delivered without uss and without radar making the vehicle unable to perform basic functions like self park and park assist. Unlike Kias, Chevys, Fords, Hondas etc, these Teslas can’t even warn you if you’re getting close to hitting a column, curb or car when parking. They don’t provide any visual and no audio alerts anymore. All due to cheapening the vehicle by removing basic useful inexpensive tech (uss and radar).

AFAIK, Summon and Autopark make (made) extensive use of the USS. It would be very interesting to hear how/if these features work in your newer MY.

It makes no sense to me that they would release a version of FSDb with Autosteer on City Streets and Navigate on Autopliot using the new 8-camera occupancy network but leave Smart Summon relying on legacy single-camera NNs. “Single stack” implies single stack. Perhaps Smart Summon also relies on the USS?

If no one knows anything, don't say anything.
It's not helpful...as I said in a recent post, everyone seems to know everything about single-stack, FSDb's future, why the car did this or that, why a wheel weight is the answer, etc, etc...all pontificating by people who don't know.
If you are looking for responses only from people who actually know, you are in the wrong place. You can always block folks that aren't using these public forums in a way that complies with your required usage (as I have just done to you ;) ).

So still no date from Elon as to when USS functionality will come via "Vision Only", I take it? If it wasnt a supply issue, one wonders why not successfully get the USS function via Vision working FIRST, and THEN take away the sensors.

Reactions: COS Blue
So still no date from Elon as to when USS functionality will come via "Vision Only", I take it? If it wasnt a supply issue, one wonders why not successfully get the USS function via Vision working FIRST, and THEN take away the sensors.
Correct….still no date over a half a year later. This is only profit driven. Obviously Tesla “vision” is not working and has never demonstrated the faithful ability to safely and accurately replace the functionality of $140.00 uss. It’s a bit of a con to sell (fact) something for $6000.00 (fact) that doesn’t exist (fact).

And after the Elon-promised having other Teslas show up in the visualizations displayed in the proper model and color, but not before the Elon-promised delivery of the 2020 roadster.
I've lost count of the promises.
Now back to subject for all rant monitors.
Elon did mention FSD beta V11 Smart summon coming next month.

I've lost count of the promises.
Now back to subject for all rant monitors.
Elon did mention FSD beta V11 Smart summon coming next month.
He also promised no more steering wheel nags by 1/31/2023.

Your point?

I foolishly added the $6000 Enhanced Autopilot when I leased my Model 3 November 2022. Then I find Summon & Autopark are not available. To this day, I pay the extra for it while not having it. Why do I have to pay my full price while Tesla doesn't have to provide the feature? To add insult to injury they lower the price this month thus devaluing my car further and I'm paying $200 a month less had I waited to lease now.

Reactions: SPF
I want my $6,000 back. I purchased Enhanced Autopilot and none of the "extra features" are working or have ever worked. It is like purchasing a car with A/C and it has never worked. Does anyone know how I can contact Tesla for a refund? It is just obnoxious; the salespeople all told me it was a wonderful option. Same old you know what.

Reactions: FearL0rd
I want my $6,000 back. I purchased Enhanced Autopilot and none of the "extra features" are working or have ever worked. It is like purchasing a car with A/C and it has never worked. Does anyone know how I can contact Tesla for a refund? It is just obnoxious; the salespeople all told me it was a wonderful option. Same old you know what.
Following

Small claims court appears to be your best course of action. How to sue Tesla over historical claims

EDIT: the risk you’re taking could be getting banned from buying EAP ever again; it‘s possible it actually is good at some point (but don’t hold your breath).

Last edited:
Reactions: Darmie