Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're selling the roadster and keeping two model S's?

I'm in the same boat... Have a roadster now and another ice car (dodge neon SRT 4). Can't decide which two to keep. Seems like an obvious choice, but the SRT is the only car cheap enough to take to track and not worry about... Also, it's faster than the Roadster....

A couple of weeks ago I snagged one of these great deals. The person at the store that took the order did a typo on my email address so I didn't actually have access to it in my My Tesla dashboard until a couple of days ago, so I haven't got all the lease stuff yet and don't know all the terms. But it was $36,500 off MSRP so it should be pretty good.

The only problem is that it is starting to get crowded in here...I only have a 2-car garage. I am going to have to clear something out before the new Model S arrives (the Roadster is already for sale):

View attachment 191902

Missed out on a P90DL similar to what was referred to here on a lease special and I keep checking the TeslaInventory.com website for any ludicrous models. Do you guys have any tips on how to keep searching, best place to search, how often they add vehicles?

You need to contact your nearest Owner Advisor, as they will have access to everything in inventory. There aren't many Ludicrous models available. From what I've been told, the ones available are in the $1150 range. Good luck!

You need to contact your nearest Owner Advisor, as they will have access to everything in inventory. There aren't many Ludicrous models available. From what I've been told, the ones available are in the $1150 range. Good luck!

I would also message SoCalJimmy (who started the thread, contact at the top of the screen) for the contact info of the OA he's been working with. Not sure where that OA is located, but it doesn't matter. Best of luck.

I would also message SoCalJimmy (who started the thread, contact at the top of the screen) for the contact info of the OA he's been working with. Not sure where that OA is located, but it doesn't matter. Best of luck.
Yes I think some OAs are more proactive than others on helping out with inventory deals. If you need another one, I recommend Aaron Shenck who helped me and 2 other friends snag these deals:

Aaron Schenck | Tesla Motors | Scottsdale
e [email protected] | p 480.946.3735 | c 480.689.6725

Good luck!

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Yes I think some OAs are more proactive than others on helping out with inventory deals. If you need another one, I recommend Aaron Shenck who helped me and 2 other friends snag these deals:

Aaron Schenck | Tesla Motors | Scottsdale
e [email protected] | p 480.946.3735 | c 480.689.6725

Good luck!

+1 for this recommendation. I looked into inventory deals as well and he was simply the best, very responsive.

I finally got the 2-year lease numbers I have been requesting. Wow, $660/month plus tax for a loaded P90DL! Even though I'd like to drive it for 3 years, 2 years is so much cheaper I have to go for it. (Note that mine is a 2015 - and not late 2015 either - with 14k miles, so may be cheaper than the few remaining available). There is also $5k capital reduction, $1k lease fee, tax and registration, and the downpayment includes the first month's payment so total up front is around $7,600.

Before I stumbled across this car (over a week before this thread started; I didn't leap on it because I spent a few days working with my OA trying to figure out why it was so cheap and seeing if I could get a similar discount on a lesser car), I had been considering custom-ordering a completely stripped 60D, but it would have been more money. (Barely, but still). This way I didn't get my choice of color, and I got the old nose, but...wow, I am happy with this deal.

Going with a 15k mile allowance made sense for a 3-year lease, but like others here it doesn't for a 2-year lease. Odd. But I'm fine going with a 10k allowance, bragging about the cheap payments, and then silently and shamefully paying for the mileage charges at the end. 25 cents/mile is awfully cheap for this type of car.

My insurance company (PEMCO) says that this 2015 P90DL will cost about 0.01% more than my 2010 Roadster did. Cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: EinSV
I finally got the 2-year lease numbers I have been requesting. Wow, $660/month plus tax for a loaded P90DL! Even though I'd like to drive it for 3 years, 2 years is so much cheaper I have to go for it. (Note that mine is a 2015 - and not late 2015 either - with 14k miles, so may be cheaper than the few remaining available). There is also $5k capital reduction, $1k lease fee, tax and registration, and the downpayment includes the first month's payment so total up front is around $7,600.

Before I stumbled across this car (over a week before this thread started), I had been considering custom-ordering a completely stripped 60D, but it would have been more money. (Barely, but still). This way I didn't get my choice of color, and I got the old nose, but...wow, I am happy with this deal.

Going with a 15k mile allowance made sense for a 3-year lease, but like others here it doesn't for a 2-year lease. Odd. But I'm fine going with a 10k allowance, bragging about the cheap payments, and then silently and shamefully paying for the mileage charges at the end. 25 cents/mile is awfully cheap for this type of car.

My insurance company (PEMCO) says that this 2015 P90DL will cost about 0.01% more than my 2010 Roadster did. Cool.

Before I stumbled across this car (over a week before this thread started), I had been considering custom-ordering a completely stripped 60D, but it would have been more money. (Barely, but still). This way I didn't get my choice of color, and I got the old nose, but...wow, I am happy with this deal.

Best deal I hear this far
Mine has 9k miles on the clock and 2 yr lease and still payment is close to 1000$ and total upfront 5000$

What's yours MSRP?!
Mine 145k?!
But I am also paying for transfer 1500$!!
Really Tesla 1500$!!!

My MSRP was $142k. The discount was $36,500, plus my $1k referral. Plus I had a $900 credit from an old referral program that I was able to apply which makes my numbers a little lower. And my transfer fee was only $750.

I am told my car is in town; I hope I can get delivery soon!

@ChadS: nice work, you win I think. Well, we're all winners really on this thread :)

Quick update and a heads up:

- I've got all the pieces of the puzzle lined up, ready for pick up on Thursday.
- Tesla gave me a better # for my trade-in than Carmax (a couple of grands)
- A word of caution: make sure to go through your lease with a fine tooth comb because initially even the Tesla finance folks had applied the showroom discount incorrectly thus not fully accounting for the higher residual amount and coming back with a much higher monthly payment.

My contact at Tesla was really good at sorting it out quickly once they realized what happened, making sure I'll sleep better tonight.

Reactions: ChadS

Before I stumbled across this car (over a week before this thread started; I didn't leap on it because I spent a few days working with my OA trying to figure out why it was so cheap and seeing if I could get a similar discount on a lesser car), I had been considering custom-ordering a completely stripped 60D, but it would have been more money. (Barely, but still). This way I didn't get my choice of color, and I got the old nose, but...wow, I am happy with this deal.

That's great!
Sure wish I jumped on one of those deals. They went fast! A loaded 2016 P90DL popped up today and it was going for $906/month. Not bad, unless you ask my wife...

Hi all,
I located a car and reserved it. It is a P90DL with $142,700 MSRP and $32,800 discount. However, after I reserved it, we found out that the car had hail damage. I had avoided other cars with prior damage, even though they had larger discounts. I wasn't able to switch to another car in time. I would still like to go ahead with the lease, but I think the car deserves some additional discount because of the previously undisclosed damage.

For anyone that leased a car with $32k discount and above, did your car have any history of damage? I think there were many cars without any damage that were selling for the same price, so I think some additional discount is reasonable.

Or should I ignore the damage history and assume that the body shop it is going to now will be able to fix the hail damage perfectly before I take delivery?

Thanks!

Reactions: soooma
Hi all,
I located a car and reserved it. It is a P90DL with $142,700 MSRP and $32,800 discount. However, after I reserved it, we found out that the car had hail damage. I had avoided other cars with prior damage, even though they had larger discounts. I wasn't able to switch to another car in time. I would still like to go ahead with the lease, but I think the car deserves some additional discount because of the previously undisclosed damage.

For anyone that leased a car with $32k discount and above, did your car have any history of damage? I think there were many cars without any damage that were selling for the same price, so I think some additional discount is reasonable.

Or should I ignore the damage history and assume that the body shop it is going to now will be able to fix the hail damage perfectly before I take delivery?

Thanks!

The discount on my P90DL was $31.9K -- the car had rear-end damage that I was aware of when I ordered. Also has 9700 miles. Especially since it is a lease I personally didn't care since it seemed like a great deal overall. I have not picked up yet but assume everything will be in good shape when I do. The person I was working with showed me some other cars that had significant discounts but did not have damage but I thought this was the best deal for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: soooma
I snatched one up in Austin that came available yesterday only to find out Tesla doesn't lease in KY. Hence Aaron's note above. Aaron was the man in helping me find it. Now trying to figure out what the difference is gonna be with Earth Auto. Anybody ever used them? Also how can I figure out a history on the car to see if there was any damage?

$141.7k - $32.9k in discounts to come out to $108.8k before incentive. Red multi-coat paint and fully loaded with 21" turbines P90DL. $10k down lease would get me at $572 a month if I leased through Tesla. Hoping Earth Auto has something similar!

I snatched one up in Austin that came available yesterday only to find out Tesla doesn't lease in KY. Hence Aaron's note above. Aaron was the man in helping me find it. Now trying to figure out what the difference is gonna be with Earth Auto. Anybody ever used them? Also how can I figure out a history on the car to see if there was any damage?

$141.7k - $32.9k in discounts to come out to $108.8k before incentive. Red multi-coat paint and fully loaded with 21" turbines P90DL. $10k down lease would get me at $572 a month if I leased through Tesla. Hoping Earth Auto has something similar!

Can I ask how you found this one? I've been scouring EV-CPO and have found nothing available since early Sunday morning. Did you use an OA? If so, could I have the contact please?

Thank you!

Can I ask how you found this one? I've been scouring EV-CPO and have found nothing available since early Sunday morning. Did you use an OA? If so, could I have the contact please?

Thank you!

Not all of the inventory is on EV-CPO... OA's recommended on this thread:
  1. Aaron Schenck | Scottsdale | e [email protected] | p 480.946.3735 | c 480.689.6725
  2. @SoCal Jimmy 's OA... (PM him for it)
  3. Marco Solar in Virginia

• Informative
Reactions: steveho