Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So I just cancelled my TeslaFi subscription...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your choice.

I don’t use it much anymore either, but it occasionally helps me lookup a trip I did in the past and has some record of battery health.

I’ll probably keep it around for a bit, but who knows how long. Eventually it’s just a car...

TeslaFi is undergoing a small makeover. I really like some of the new graphs. There is a lot of useful information in TeslaFi, just not rendered in a particularly snazzy format.

All the while TeslaFi isn't costing me anything (current subscription still active then I'll have some referrals), I'll probably stick with it then consider a move to TeslaMate. But I do like not having to worry about updates, backups, hosting etc so when it comes, I'll be prepared to pay a bit for that so will look at the options when the time comes.

Daily
upload_2020-10-1_21-19-16.png

Monthly
upload_2020-10-1_21-22-20.png

Just get TeslaMate, it looks miles better. There’s no excuse for how dated TeslaFi looks, there’s loads of web frameworks out there that are trivial to base your website off of.
Hmmm, I did try it and ended up not using it. Just me. Some like it better, some don't. Personal taste I guess. And for whatever reason I was not able to import my TeslaFi data into it and didn't want to spend the time. To me they both are fairly nice pieces of software.

Reactions: Durzel
As well as the logging I like using it for the auto sentry mode feature too. I like to exclude both home (gated driveway covered by IP cameras) and work (secure location and also covered by cameras) and the ability to edit the size of tagged locations means I can park anywhere in the work carpark without worrying about the "work" location not being big enough.

I also have TeslaMate running as that better monitors my agile charging but pleased to see TeslaFi is getting a bit of a makeover at the moment.

Reactions: Cwmwd
I'm finding it really interesting to learn about having a Tesla (infact an EV) for the first time and get to know some of my usual trips and what to expect based on how I actually drive vs what ABRP thinks.... I also will never drive and only get somewhere with 5% charge - I'm too chicken! but once I get to know the car a bit better, I can probably handle sub 25%! ;)

I've signed up for a year and will see how that goes - but agreed it looks horrendous!! would love it in an app as well but to be fair i guess the hosting of the data probably takes up most of the fee?

those graphs look a lot better! I thought it was just my iphone making it look better all squished together!! will have to log on on the 'big screen' and see them!

In the future I wonder if it will be a useful tool when selling an EV to be able to show the entire history of usage to prove the battery has not been abused ?

I've just sold my '17 S75D and it certainly didn't do any harm being able to show a graph of the battery degradation and also the lifetime split between AC and DC charging.

My slight concern about using the data as a record for the car, perhaps as assurance as to its performance when the time comes to sell, is that the data includes the date, time and location of every time you've broken a speed limit . . .

I believe you can delete specific drives, and possibly other entries, within TeslaFi however I don't know if doing so will be blatantly obvious that data has been removed?

If only it wasn't so darned easy to break speed limits in a Tesla! ;)
But, then again, it wouldn't be half as much fun to drive would it?

Reactions: Glan gluaisne
My slight concern about using the data as a record for the car, perhaps as assurance as to its performance when the time comes to sell, is that the data includes the date, time and location of every time you've broken a speed limit . . .
I've been worried about this too. A bit far fetched but hear me out - Tesla has all this information already and what if their arm gets twisted and they release this information. Could we see a sudden surge of fixed penalties and the info stored used as evidence?! :eek:

Reactions: Glan gluaisne