Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read a lot of the posts here and I'm surprised no one has mentioned how fast it acquires lane markings and allows Autosteer now.

Before, you'd have to drive on a street/highway for a few seconds with black lane lines (on the display) for the steering wheel to show up. Now, the steering wheel shows up almost instantly turning onto a road with lanes or when lanes appear. Amazing.

This isn't EAP. none of this is EAP
Blader, this thread has to be painful to read...., at least there will always be that new supercruise commercial:
IMG_4417.jpg

My commute home today on the other hand was better in that the auto-lane change was noticeably improved.

Although slowing for stopped traffic only about 25 or 30 yards ahead is still a bit too slow for my liking.

It still has a problem staying in the lane as well. AP continues to move slightly outside of the traveling lane when the lines disappear, especially on the left. This same behavior is also mentioned in the next post.

Question: For those who have the powered liftgate, does the app allow you to at least close the liftgate remotely? It would be a shame to accidentally open it while it's parked at the airport or some other public place when you're not around and not be able to close it until you were physically there.

Not sure if it pertains to the OEM one, but I have an aftermarket liftgate installed and I can remotely close.
I actually like this new feature very much and will probably use it quite a bit

This isn't EAP. none of this is EAP

Sounds like incremental improvement to that subset of AP1 features and the added workarounds (see speed limit database) that AP2 is.

If there’s less lag in AP2 AS activation, for example, that would finally achieve AP1 AS activation delay quality.

I wonder if, with AP2, when approaching stopped traffic at low speed, one can activate TACC and then pull the lever one more time to activateAS without it cancelling TACC sometimes as is the case today.

Regardless, if you combine the incremental progress of this update with a) the pending update due within the next couple months and b) the new speedy MCU, people may not wait for the S/X interior refresh to buy a new one. Good stuff.

Just to follow up on this, I'm pretty sure this release has the new NN, it seems an improvement in every way over 2018.6. On my morning commute I've noticed:

- Recognition of extremely wide lanes so the car no longer hunts from left to right as a lane widens
- Cresting hills no longer causes the car to veer left or right
- Recognition of stopped cars seems much improved

I have yet to try it on a motorway, I'm hoping to try that later to see if auto lane change has improved, the last version of this left much to be desired.

I noticed this right away. I have a hill right by my house and always pulled into the oncoming lanes. This is the best update thus far for auto pilot.

Reactions: pilotSteve