Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty of people still on 10.4, like me - and I'm on WiFi all day.

Probably better to just relax and take the updates as they come naturally. Lots of issues being discussed with the newest update. It is tough to watch Tesla go through a quality control learning curve, but I trust the software/firmware department will learn.

For those having issues with Slacker, I'm in Europe and have been having growing issues with Spotify not loading my library, or taking a very long time to do so. Anybody else noticed it? Has been going on since about 10.4 or .12.
Might be the Spotify API, but then again Tesla should keep their app up to date with third party API changes.

For those having issues with Slacker, I'm in Europe and have been having growing issues with Spotify not loading my library, or taking a very long time to do so. Anybody else noticed it? Has been going on since about 10.4 or .12.
Might be the Spotify API, but then again Tesla should keep their app up to date with third party API changes.
Yes, a lot of trouble with Spotify. Had to change log in method. Still start up troubles even if music plays.

New to 2018.16 as of late last night. Updated the two of the three metrics for MCU1 in the MCU Update Index:

HTML5Test 301/555 up from 174 - HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
Speed Battle Overall 47ish (up from 24.6)
But I cannot load the SunSpider 0.9.1 JavaScript test. I get a "This Webpage is Not Available" error message at random intervals during the test, both on LTE and on wifi. Would someone with 2018.16 on MCU1 try bit.ly/2pi7JML on their car browser and let us know the results?
MCU1 2018.16 and get the same "this webpage is not available" message.

I have been a bit preoccupied with what week it is. Waiting for 2018.18.
I just discovered a feature in the iOS calendar that I was not previously aware of.
On any iOS device, here's how you can toggle the week numbers on in Calendar app of iPhone and iPad: Open the Settings app and Scroll down to the “Calendar”. Toggle “Week Numbers” to the ON position.
9C0F42F2-2FE7-4247-B023-16EBDD562D60.jpeg
A91BE295-E379-42D6-A6EC-AB9097AC932A.jpeg

So let's sum it up. This version brought faster mcu and browser. Both quite unimportant things to me. On the other hand it screwed premium sound, heated steering wheel and did took a few steps back with the AP. (pingponging at slow speed, rough stop and go behavior, ghost unexplained braking, veering off the lanes (understeer) ...

To be honest I'm more worried than looking forward every time I start the next update. What used to be the Teslas most advantage is now just screwing things.

Got the update two days ago and just realized the seek bar to rewind and fast forward a song when using USB media is gone. I can no longer rewind or fast forward a song.

Also, the songs in my library use to be sorted by song name .. now it's sorted by artist