Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.28.1 7d0461c

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, they said it would go to the EAP, Early Access Participants, group at the end of August, and then they hoped to go public with it in September. (They never said wide.)

And if it is 4 weeks until it goes to beta testers it is possible they will run into issues and miss September all-together. (Since almost any delay in their stated schedule would cause them to miss September.)

Who is "Early Access Participants"?

Who is "Early Access Participants"?

A restricted pool of users that get access to test builds (typically these builds have odd week number ids, as opposed to even as normally used for public releases) under NDA. I've never seen any discussion as to how one would join the community, but I'm quite sure Tesla picks you, not the other way around.

Last edited:
They’ll hit the date range (let’s just say early to mid-Sept not including distribution time).

What they hit the date range *with* is another question.

Which is why I will lose no sleep until the emergence of v9.1 or even 9.2 from testing.

Maybe it's a placebo effect, but with 2018.28.1 release, I noted today that curves are taken much more like humans do. The car is not in the center during the curve, but much closer to the interior line.

That would be good. The car typically likes to travel on the outside edge of a left hander whenever there is a semi-truck on my right in the right lane. Gets uncomfortably close at time.

Strange, my car downloaded an update sized amount of data today but hasn't notified me many hours afterwards of a update being available. There are reports here in .au of people waking up to this version being installed without them being prompted to install it. Can anyone else confirm that here?

upload_2018-8-9_19-2-33.png

Strange, my car downloaded an update sized amount of data today but hasn't notified me many hours afterwards of a update being available. There are reports here in .au of people waking up to this version being installed without them being prompted to install it. Can anyone else confirm that here?

View attachment 324322
The maps were about 400m. I think it took a while to install after download. It was quite a few hours and in fact the second time I drove it after the download that it told me of the update.

Reactions: conman

View attachment 324322
Okay, spooky. I got into the car the next morning and it popped up with the "what's new in this update" message without ever prompting me to install a new version - and it installed the same .26 version. This has happened to a number of us here in .au. I suspect it's just to deploy the new navigation which some people have been getting, though I don't have it (or the maps) yet.

Maybe I haven’t noticed before now, but I received 2018.28.1 on Weds and noticed this morning that when changing lanes while in AP, the solid blue lane markers in the IC change to dashed lines until the move has been competed.