Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just hung up with support.
More than a 30 minute wait.
They said lack of voice recognition is a known issue specific to 2018.32.2 that they just became aware of.
And that they are working on it.
They hope to have a fix very soon.
Crazy. Just went for a drive and tried it this morning and everything is working again.
Still on 2018.32.2. It works both on LTE and Wi-Fi. I have no exclamation

I’m not up on all the online lingo. Not on Facebook, Twitter and the like. Only Tesla related forums...had to look it up in the Urban Dictionary.
Crazy. Just went for a drive and tried it this morning and everything is working again.
Still on 2018.32.2. It works both on LTE and Wi-Fi. I have no exclamation
Is this what you were trying to point out?
Should have said:
I have no explanation!
iPhone voice-to-text got me again.

What happened to QC? Every one of the last several updates has broken something.
Seriously, I have thought about a saboteur in software department. Since summer last year, they have introduced quite a few bugs, I remember these:
* the disabled front park sensors
* the sound was destroyed
* the media player issues
* the frozen trafic info
* something with the heated steering wheel

Seriously, I have thought about a saboteur in software department. Since summer last year, they have introduced quite a few bugs, I remember these:
* the disabled front park sensors
* the sound was destroyed
* the media player issues
* the frozen trafic info
* something with the heated steering wheel

Possible perhaps, but suboptimal regression testing seems a more likely culprit.

Possible perhaps, but suboptimal regression testing seems a more likely culprit.

Tesla is now managing a lot of hardware combinations between various iterations of the cars. Some things are hard to regression test in an automated way (like sound quality) and other things that break are not easily testable in software because they depend on firmware in each version of a hardware component. Tesla knows that their current approach sometimes breaks things which is why they always deploy to a small number of cars first to evaluate in the real world.

There is definitely a strategic choice here, smaller, faster more frequent releases (with automated but imperfect testing) for each feature or less frequent quarterly releases which are more thoroughly tested.

Reactions: Bilen