Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.2 3817fdd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed my latest update today. It said minor bug fixes. However, when I got home and charged, the preset times and amperage setting on my car were wiped out. It started charging at 48 amps on a 30 amp cable. Nearly burned down my house!

Your First post. Pictures please....Never mind, I’m assuming :

FUDster alert from Vallency.

Last edited:
Obviously it should trip, but I don't think it would trip instantly. It takes a good minute before one of my 15 amp breakers trips with 24 amps of space heater load. What's the 30 amp cable? Is it a 10 gauge extension cord?
I agree it wont trip instantly but a breaker is a thermal device , therefore the more current you draw past its rating the quicker it will trip. I can draw 20 amps with a 15 amp breaker for a long time but try and draw 30 amps and it will trip quick. 48 amp draw on a 30 amp breaker will cause it to trip within a minute or two. The reason I know this is that I am an Industrial electrician with 47 years of working in the field. Now a loose connection in the cct can cause heating of a part and cause a fire, this is the usual cause of an electrical fire, not over current.

I got 2018.32.2 3817fdd today from the SC, and I just had loaded 2018.28.5 377ec8b Tuesday night before taking it in to the SC. I drove it about 100 miles on streets / freeways since loading it this afternoon. No significant changes in AP2 / TACC behavior, IMO, which is not a bad thing, since usually updates tend to make at least one step back for every step forward lol. Screen shows usual "Bug fixes..." remark for what's new in this release. No mirror issues, no infotainment issues.

• Informative
Reactions: hh83917 and croman
This installed overnight on my Aug 17 AP2.5 MS and on first drive it started going nuts when stopped in traffic. I was behind another car on AP at the road lines on the display were flickered all over the shop showing curve to the left, right, middle etc very rapidly even though I was stopped. Then the car started juddering like it was trying to go but stop, handbrake and and off etc.

Very worrying! I am hoping it just needs to recalibrate itself.

On a plus point on open roads it seems to take bends better with minimal drifting over lines and better slowing down for sharper corners. I do with it would slow down before I went into a slower speed limit though so that I was doing the speed limit as i entered rather than slowing down once i entered the zone.

Moderator note (bmah): This post was the start of another thread, which was merged into this one.

Just istalled 2018.32.2 3817fdd. Haven’t driven yet. Nothing listed in the release note. The page is totally blank, like maybe a glitch. Anyone else have this yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
This installed overnight on my Aug 17 AP2.5 MS and on first drive it started going nuts when stopped in traffic. I was behind another car on AP at the road lines on the display were flickered all over the shop showing curve to the left, right, middle etc very rapidly even though I was stopped. Then the car started juddering like it was trying to go but stop, handbrake and and off etc.

Very worrying! I am hoping it just needs to recalibrate itself.

On a plus point on open roads it seems to take bends better with minimal drifting over lines and better slowing down for sharper corners. I do with it would slow down before I went into a slower speed limit though so that I was doing the speed limit as i entered rather than slowing down once i entered the zone.

The advice from other forum members is to do a reboot from the steering wheel after every OTA update. It seems to negate some of the sillyness like this.

Reactions: Asterix187
I got it last night...my car is in wifi at home. The two areas of update were that the maps features had been improved and the warnings when using auto pilot changed to put your hands on the wheel and apply light pressure. I haven't noticed what the map improvement is yet.