Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.32.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 2018.32.4 just now, only thing in the notes was the PIN to drive. I assume Tesla Service has some 'sooper secret' service mode that turns this (and other items) off, since it's not even hooked to a driver profile, it's on or off! I thought perhaps I could put it on the fob I use, and not the one I give them.

People are always talking about them not turning mobile access back on, so, they must have some remotely accessible service mode that really does that and other things, because this would definitely not work well. :D

[QUOTE="...the range on my fob seems to have been significantly reduced, to the point that just walking around to the back of the car to plug it in results in the car locking (I have walk-away lock on).[/QUOTE]

Try replacing the battery.

Got it, 4 times now have to start car from app. Short trips (feet) Park and get back in No Bueno> Restart from APP. Park and stay in car. Again use app to unlock.

I think I will reserve using this P2D only in sketchy times, making sure I have my phone also.

Also, how does it react with Valet Mode?

BTW, the Electrek article says that people with older key fobs can request new ones... I'm interested to see how that turns out. I've noticed that recently the range on my fob seems to have been significantly reduced, to the point that just walking around to the back of the car to plug it in results in the car locking (I have walk-away lock on). This is really annoying because then I have to unlock the car to open the charge port, even though I'm still right next to the car (just behind it). I've been wondering if maybe I just need a new battery in my fob, but now I'm wondering if they make some kind of firmware change for security in a recent firmware update (not 2018.32.4 as I don't have it yet).

I might contact the SvC about it and see if they'll give me one of the shiny new crypto fobs.

My SC was not aware of the option to replace key fobs for newer ones.