Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39 4a3910f (plus other v9.0 early access builds)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it downloaded overnight! 5GB update is the biggest I’ve seen yet. Wonder how long from the download until the update notification as I’ve not gotten one yet in the car.

Attachments

• CFAF6373-84DE-4EED-86A5-DAC2F82929AE.jpeg
    CFAF6373-84DE-4EED-86A5-DAC2F82929AE.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 125
Or you can look at it this way. My car is only 8 months old. 219K CDN and is already out of date. V2.0 not 2.5. Missed it by 2 months. The pain is real. But that's just the technology game.

For the record there is also another new processor/computer that's been developed and should be out next year. So you can look at it how ever you want. We all screwed

Agree somewhat. Like when Moore's Law applied to computers in the early days - expect major changes every six months and be grateful for software updates. At regular intervals you will have to change your platform (car) to get all the features. Was apparrent after 2 days of ownership, that this was a drivable computer. If you accept that metaphor, it makes things a lot easier to understand. I am on "platform #2" for me - S100D.

Reactions: redy
Thanks for all the screenshots @dennis_d !!

I am disappointed, but not really surprised that the full auto lane change is “at your own risk”. So, the car starts moving out of the lane, potentially rapidly, and you had better do a shoulder check RIGHT NOW to make sure it has it right.

I am a bit fascinated they did that, and will be curious if that stands up to regulators over the long haul. I am sure we will soon see posts of folks who set it to Mad Max and fully auto, then the car clips someone while they were taking a sip of coffee and didn’t get time to look and they blame Tesla and the media starts picking those stories up.

You would think that Tesla would have figured out by now that a portion of their customer base is always going to push everything to the limit and past it, and would have only released that feature when it was actually Level 3. (It’s hard to say it is Level 3 when the driver is still fully responsible for the car auto initiating the lane change)

It also makes me wonder if we will ever get any actual level 3 features similar to Audi’s Level 3 traffic jam mode.

Happy to see that essentially we still get a split screen; you can display music or energy on the bottom half and navigation shifts up to the top. I wasn't sure how the "popup" we were allegedly going to get in the model s would be displayed like the model 3 many claimed we would get.

And it sure looks quick to bring up the Tesla webpage, but I suppose it is cached. I wonder how fast does the browser download a page? I can't even use the browser to download a website like Chargehub in my version of MCU.

my wife also would like to suggest pre-heating the seat warmers via the app, too.

Thanks for all the screenshots @dennis_d !!

I am disappointed, but not really surprised that the full auto lane change is “at your own risk”. So, the car starts moving out of the lane, potentially rapidly, and you had better do a shoulder check RIGHT NOW to make sure it has it right.

Yeah wow! that will keep our attention at 100%. We will all be more exhausted at the end of journey than if we just drove it ourselves without driver assistances.

My APEv2 runs super hot around 68 C, it used to run around 50 C. Glove-compartment getting really warm, I guess it's super useful in the winter.

I woud be interested to know how this affects range! Anybody who has been tracking Wh/mi over a long period may be able to see some tick upward, particuarly people who do a lot of stop & go, since the APE will be burning Whs just sitting there, and adding to the climate control load in the summer.

Reactions: MelaniainLA