Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.5 a1c2332 (first 9.0 release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was. It is. Using the ultrasound only. Again PER THE RELEASE NOTES (please read the blog post)..... this version ADDS cameras in addition to the ultrasound to make it better. Also adds the line going red if your turn signal is on. This addition to cameras is obviously AP 2.0 and up because - well - AP 1 doesn't have side rear-facing cameras.....

The blog from Tesla is very clear and quite informative.
Blind spot monitoring was so very, very good that they removed it from subsequent release notes and sales promo materials and placed it in the memory hole.
I'm just amused that three years later, there's some confusion (per the original post I was responding to) whether it even existed at all.

EDIT: I'm happy blind spot monitoring is finally there. I paid for it. I've driven 25,000 miles. I don't have it. Let me vent. :)

Reactions: ICUDoc and Tjhappel
And it was so very, very good that they removed it from subsequent release notes and sales promo materials and placed it in the memory hole.
I'm just amused that three years later, there's some confusion (per the original post I was responding to) whether it even existed at all.
lol. Agreed what they had was not exactly what we would think of as blindspot monitoring. I still believe though that everyone gets this feature in the new release - lets see when the first Non-AP purchase but still AP 2 or higher hardware....car gets it who's on here.

• Love
Reactions: kavyboy
Just did a little quick test of the dash cam feature.
It’s somewhat unimpressive.
Files seem to be saved in one minute clips. Quality is mediocre, however license plates can be legible at close range. I just posted this clip.
Here are some screenshots showing QuickTime with file info, file naming conventions and license legibility...

F42DD1DF-605D-4AF7-B3A9-A3EA15B2FAE3.jpeg

934205FA-BD89-4016-A4A0-A1E7405E124E.png

9DFE639A-FC96-4BB3-A017-5DC2F2AAA6F5.png

BF0D0EEB-5DE8-45EE-8689-BB3F137E44AF.png

Last edited:
Just did a little quick test of the dash cam feature.
It’s somewhat unimpressive.
Files seem to be saved in one minute clips. Quality is mediocre, however license plates can be legible at close range. I just posted this clip.
Here are some screenshots showing QuickTime with file info, file naning conventions and license legibility...

View attachment 341220
View attachment 341215
View attachment 341216
View attachment 341217
Forgot to mention it’s raining , so wipers on during video.

@Daniellane even though we don’t have navigate on autopilot does autosteer feel to be much improved as we heard in the early access beta firmware? Also any lane change improvements?
See this post of mine:
Big improvements in AP in version 9.0.
Seems to be the most agile version I’ve driven yet.
Currently very far from freeways so I cannot test out any of the drive on nav features until Monday.
A few quick observations.
The avatar for my car is noticeably smaller.
I assume this is to accommodate more lanes in the IC
Cars approaching from the rear in adjacent lanes now are visible and identified more specifically by vehicle type.
Cars, Smaller Trucks/Vans & Semi’s…
For the first time ever I was able to initiate an auto lane change on a road that was not a freeway (101)
Although, not perfect, merging or deciding which lane to be in when the number of lanes is either reduced or expanded on the highway seems to occur more intelligently. It now tends to remain in the right or left lane and merge more subtly with less confusion and/or sudden swerving to center in the temporarily apparently wider lane .
Pics of IC avatar, Semi...
View attachment 341103
View attachment 341107

• Love
Reactions: jfarlow12
No, it's for EAP cars. There is NOTHING in this release that is for FSD. Not a single FSD only feature exists yet anywhere.
Blindspot Monitoring
To improve safety and increase confidence when changing lanes, cars with Full Self-Driving hardware will now display a red lane line when your turn signal is engaged and a car or obstacle is detected in your target lane. There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware.

Tesla cars with Full-Self-Driving hardware will now use all eight cameras, providing a 360-degree view of surrounding cars. This includes improved blind spot monitoring on the instrument panel which reflects the type of car in your blind spot, supplementing an already attentive driver.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Blindspot Monitoring
To improve safety and increase confidence when changing lanes, cars with Full Self-Driving hardware will now display a red lane line when your turn signal is engaged and a car or obstacle is detected in your target lane. There is no change to the display for cars without Full Self-Driving hardware.

Tesla cars with Full-Self-Driving hardware will now use all eight cameras, providing a 360-degree view of surrounding cars. This includes improved blind spot monitoring on the instrument panel which reflects the type of car in your blind spot, supplementing an already attentive driver.

It says FSD hardware. So it is only for AP2 cars and better. Non-AP and AP1 cars won't get this feature.

Reactions: APotatoGod