Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since only 14 cars on TeslaFi has your version I would certainly call and find out what is going on. You may have a STUCK car meaning it can not update until fixed.

The Tesla customer support line has a >60 minute wait time :-D I'm not sure if I should be selecting the option to speak to a local service center - maybe I'll just try that on Monday.

If the rear view camera is already up, it stays in the lower position when the car is placed into Reverse. If it's not up, it goes into the upper position.

Ahh interesting behavior. I like having the rear camera up all the time. I’ll need to try it out next time. I hope they can fix it so it puts it up in either case.

I wish they would add an option to turn off media. It starts auto playing music from my iPhone every time I get in the car or end a call. Was hoping v9 would improve this, but doesn't seem to, if anything it is worse.

If I'm listening to my phone over BT and I pause the music in the car (clicking the vol scroll wheel), it stays paused when I get in later until I unpause it. Does it not work this way for you?

Reactions: SpudLime
If I'm listening to my phone over BT and I pause the music in the car (clicking the vol scroll wheel), it stays paused when I get in later until I unpause it. Does it not work this way for you?

I haven't figured out what the exact workflow is, but music starts when I get in the car probably half the time. And 100% of the time when I end a phone call. I just want to turn off media so I can be sure it is going to stay quiet.

I will test out if the source of the pause makes a difference, thanks for the suggestion.

On local roads it will swerve quickly and violently if it loses lane lines at all or is a large intersection. Areas AP has been proficient since 2017.42.1.
I don't really see much of a difference. I have a road in which I drive a lot (to get dinner) which has multiple intersections. One has 6 lanes (3 each way) and two that have a curve in the intersection but only 2 lanes. Tesla will somethings have problem but it has gotten better. This morning after .39.6 it worked ok going 1 direction. Will see over time.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I haven't figured out what the exact workflow is, but music starts when I get in the car probably half the time. And 100% of the time when I end a phone call. I just want to turn off media so I can be sure it is going to stay quiet.

I will test out if the source of the pause makes a difference, thanks for the suggestion.

Same here, it seems very irregular, and is particularly annoying because I mostly use the Spotify app for music, so I hear this terrible country Christmas song randomly when I get in the car.

But... worse is walking up to the car while on a phone call, which I do several times daily. I really wish anytime you’re on an active call that you had to manually send it to your car. I know this is not Tesla specific and happens in numerous cars, but Bluetooth in general is not very power-user friendly.

So I'm driving with the new update and I see a motorcycle on the instrument panel. Ha! it misidentified that car in the mirror as a motorcycle...next thing I know I catch a motorcycle out of the corner of my eye :oops: hadn't noticed it at all coming into the blind spot. +1 for blind-spot detection.

I had the exact same experience today. Thought it misidentified this truck that had a tall pole in the bed as a motorcycle until the actual motorcycle came up alongside me. This is going to do wonders for safety around lane splitters.

On an unrelated note, it seems to pretty consistently misidentify pickup trucks as vans.

So I'm driving with the new update and I see a motorcycle on the instrument panel. Ha! it misidentified that car in the mirror as a motorcycle...next thing I know I catch a motorcycle out of the corner of my eye :oops: hadn't noticed it at all coming into the blind spot. +1 for blind-spot detection.

You could have embellished a bit and said you would have swerved into his lane and taken him out if it wasn't for the new update! V9 already saves a life!

And just like that 12% of the workforce is on V9. And what is going on with that model 3 in New York? Is it coming or going?

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 8.27.04 PM.png

Interesting didn't know it was tied to MCU1 any reason why that would be? I do know it went away for a while and I believe it came back with 39.6 but maybe I just didn't notice prior to the update.

We assume that they decided to not pay for the Dolby hardware/licensing for the Model 3 and MCU2. I have never heard of it going away on MCU1 cars.

We assume that they decided to not pay for the Dolby hardware/licensing for the Model 3 and MCU2. I have never heard of it going away on MCU1 cars.
It's possible that @obie_fl experienced the same thing I did earlier this year, where the new MCU2 options for "Immersive Sound" were shown on MCU1, instead of "Dolby Surround". The code to detect which MCU hardware was present seemed to have a bug, and there were a number of possibly-related issues with weakened bass levels and EQ range around that time.

• Informative
Reactions: obie_fl
I went against my better judgement and installed the update when I got the notification last night. This iteration of V9 feels like a complete gimmick to me. What has actually improved here?
  • The map on the centre console has now been shoved down my throat, forcing all other windows to rest far away from my field of view.
  • The rear view camera window has been moved to an effectively unusable spot; I have to rely solely on looking out the passenger windows to check blind spots, which now reduces my safety. The new blind spot monitoring function does nothing for me because I always understand my surroundings before deciding to change lanes. I don't trust it just yet either.
  • The surrounding traffic visualisation and vehicle type identification is noisy and distracting.
  • Autopilot is no longer stable in lane and has a noticeable left-right oscillation. The nags are an unsafe distraction. (I essentially came from the week 20 version, which had the reasonable longer nags.)
But we got Atari games, right?

My opinion is that unless there is something you specifically need from the new update, hold on to what you have.