Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.6 8377b4d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunate side effect. I would think Tesla ignores that setting if on a highway.

Based on my experience with OAA the last few weeks (it was in cars since 34.1), it limits acceleration below 15 MPH if there is an obstacle. It doesn't care what kind of road you are on. Once you get up to 15 MPH, it is unlimited even if it detects an obstacle.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
IIRC, it works like this:

- Software updates are _only_ downloaded over WiFi _except_ for security updates. The only security update I ever got was 'NagGate', 21.9. Map updates are also only downloaded over WiFi.
@Silicon Desert

That is the setup with the new Standard data plan. The Premium data plan will do non-safety SW updates over cellular. All vehicles come with one year of Premium, so all cars should be getting cellular updates currently (unless they changed it).

Tesla to offer ‘Premium Connectivity’ internet package starting July 1

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors and croman
Hmmm, that is rather interesting considering that I got an update to V9 while I was in Oregon at a friend's home whom doesn't even have internet and I was on cellular the whole time. That matches what I was told by a colleague. So am I to assume V9 is a security update?
I have always heard that updates can come over cellular but that map updates must come on wifi. At least one of my updates came over cellular but it was very early since I am on wifi a lot. I did also hear that if you car is selected for update it will try to download first on wifi (maybe more then once) and then if it can not do it over wifi (maybe multiple days) then it will download over cellular.

I have been able to share Waze with Tesla, but I have not been able to share Apple Maps with Tesla. Has anyone been able to accomplish this? I'm on 9.0 with iphone xs on ios 12.01.

Yes it definitely works:

ADA41360-7753-4559-92BC-33322491095C.png

Updated from 2018.32.2 to 2018.39.6 this morning.

The only problem I had was with the USB stick on which I had optimistically created a "TeslaCam" folder, just in case. I'm on AP 2.0 so I figured the car would ignore the folder if it couldn't use it. Wrong. With the folder there the USB stick was not available on the interface. After I removed the folder the USB stick became available and songs could be played. So, even though AP 2.0 doesn't have the dashcam feature, it acts like it does.

On the the IC screen the lane lines are so narrow now that I can't use them to check my car placement in the lane. More than compensated for by having automatic lane changes on any type of street. And of course all the cars displayed alongside and behind my car.

There is definitely a justification for it. I can guess, but in reality it was justified by the Tesla engineers and executives.

I am in no way saying you shouldn’t be upset. As I said. Change is hard.
I always kept the navigation app open (maybe for the looks) so this new UI didn’t bother me. But I don’t see the justification of keeping it open permanently especially with Tesla moving towards FSD. What benefits does the driver get from starring at the navigation if the car is driving itself from point A to B?

I always kept the navigation app open (maybe for the looks) so this new UI didn’t bother me. But I don’t see the justification of keeping it open permanently especially with Tesla moving towards FSD. What benefits does the driver get from starring at the navigation if the car is driving itself from point A to B?

So you know where you are... hard to keep track when you are not doing the driving!

Reactions: don123 and WillK
I have been thinking about this a bit lately with all the camera only on bottom now. And why Nav is always on. My only thought is with "Drive on Nav" and FSD you have to be using NAV for them to work so maybe that is the reason. I.E. You will be on NAV like 99% of the time.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Two possible firmware bugs with this version (have had v9 now for about a week):

- Our friend “Air Suspension Needs Service” has returned and has been sporadic. Clears itself eventually.
- “ Sourround View Limited”, there is already another thread going on regarding this error as well.

These errors come and go, Tesla service has no known fixes yet for these errors, only that they go away on their own (or they can send a reset signal to clear them remotely).

I have a ‘just in case’ service appointment scheduled for end of this month assuming these may be specific to my car, and do not turn out to be a larger firmware issue.

Attachments

• FCFCB26F-945D-4535-9B10-C52B02F264C5.jpeg
    FCFCB26F-945D-4535-9B10-C52B02F264C5.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 0F566BC5-5336-4219-80DB-35D81287C497.jpeg
    0F566BC5-5336-4219-80DB-35D81287C497.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 798B51E3-5E1A-480E-9E16-E9EC34B80B33.jpeg
    798B51E3-5E1A-480E-9E16-E9EC34B80B33.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
Just got my update today. It was a bit scary as I was in a rush and the update wasn’t completed before I had to head out to work. The IC display came on, and showed an error...”software update required: contact service”. The MCU was frozen. I reset the MCU and it was weird..the MCU was still on 32.4 and IC display was on 39.6. Lol. I started driving on my way to work and the MCU suddenly restarted on it’s own and viola... full 39.6. It looks great. Love the look of the new interface. THe consistency of the menu options/the animations and the icons..they are much more polished and look great. Tesla once again pulls light years ahead of the competition for in-car software.