Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just proves that the Tesla model for pushing out updates and getting feedback it good.
A fast but limited release gets a whole bunch of feedback which is quickly looped back into the backlog.
Most updates are still going to 36.2 today with only 1/10 getting 39.6.
I think this bodes well for the next release but isn’t good for us folks who are refreshing like we were checking our order status :D

• Helpful
Reactions: PaulJohn
597C6182-88D8-42CD-B774-27F9E9EF77BC.jpeg
Some routers will keep track of how much date each device sends and receives.
I get mine off my wireless AP

Curious if anyone knows what those clacks are internally. Some kind of technical checks I'm sure. I've stuck around inside for a couple updates and it's pretty startling if you don't expect it.

The loudest/heaviest ones are the main battery contactors disconnecting, I believe. Aka the one that made me think I got hit when I did my first update whilst in the car.

This is false. I'm not an early access member and I got my V9 on Friday (west coast) for my Model 3. Read earlier posts.

I saw your earlier posts. In context, my post was intended to use general knowledge to quell the poster's desire to "call BS" on Tesla. The limited data we have indicates yours is an isolated or at most extremely infrequent case.

Answering in absolutes, yes, we have a confirmed release to at least one Model 3 on the west coast.

random number generator seems as likely as any other theory I've heard to date.

Basically, yeah. Tesla most likely randomizes the deployment of new versions to get a good representation of their fleet base which allows them to see if any issues pop up once in the wild vehicles start using the new version. By limiting the initial releases of a new version to smaller groups within the entire fleet they can more easily catch and fix big bugs before it reaches a majority of their on the road fleet. It's impossible to catch all of the bugs during testing before releasing it to the wild. I do support this approach and it makes sense, but when it comes at the expense of waiting for big feature rich updates like version 9 it can really seem like a very long wait.

I'm just crossing my fingers that there is a chance they'll fix whatever bug(s) they found and that my Model 3 gets version 9 before my road trip at the end of the week!

I dont understand why some features would only be possible on AP2.5 and not on AP2.0. When we bought AP2.0 it was advertised that this would be sufficient HW processing, for even full self driving. Then when AP2.5 started, they said (I have a very clear memory of this), that this was only for some minor tweaks and that AP2.0 owners would be upgraded for free in the future. As a matter of fact, it seems to be that off ramp to on ramp functionality was also promised as part of EAP (not even FSD) with AP2.0 and now it is being talked about as a FSD feature!

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
I'm just crossing my fingers that there is a chance they'll fix whatever bug(s) they found and that my Model 3 gets version 9 before my road trip at the end of the week!

At this point since nav on autopilot got pulled, I'm hoping I don't get the update until Halloween or later due to the bet I made about that :p I was willing to lose the bet for nav on autopilot but not for what V9 actually gives now.

They seem to turn new point releases fairly quickly, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something hitting model 3's by the end of the week. Whether or not they can get it into wide release by then is a different story.

They seem to turn new point releases fairly quickly, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something hitting model 3's by the end of the week. Whether or not they can get it into wide release by then is a different story.

Yeah, I'm expecting a newer version (2018.39.7 or greater) to show up on TeslaFi at some point today and start hitting at least a handful of Model 3's.