Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.39.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a notification on the phone from app that the update is ready. Went to the car and started it.

I’m running V8, wasn’t sure if I’d get the notify on the phone with the old version.

I’m assuming it’s V9 anyway.

Fyi this version must be a patch because router only showed maybe 20-30 MB downloaded compared to the 400-500MB downloaded for 39.5 and 39.6 respectively
This makes sense. I've not seen any one be able to point out an explicit difference, yet. Probably small edge case bugs that were nonetheless deemed important enough to push a patch.

Last edited:
Just got the update. Weird thing is my last update was on 9/20 to 36.2, which was a Thursday. Went from 36.2 to 39.7 an hour ago, 10/11 which is also a Thursday. Hrm...

Also, can confirm if you take a single USB flash drive and create two FAT32 partitions, you can use one partition for "TeslaCam" and the other partition for music. Works like a champ.

Stop hogging the updates and give the rest of us a chance! :p
Just kicked mine off, got the notification on my phone an hour ago and hadn't noticed. It's great how we can do this all remotely now with V9, so it's ready for us when we get to the car, right? *pours a little bit more salt in the wound* /s

More seriously, it's quite possible that the vehicles that have moved to 39.6 are being moved to very small patch 39.7 quickly because whatever issue on 39.6 it's patching is considered important/dangerous enough that it should be fixed immediately.

Reactions: PoitNarf