Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about passengers in the rear? How hard would it be to have the car remember those? Also what about app access for turning on seat heat?

Its low hanging fruit that should've been done too. As someone with a family in a cold area, it would greatly improve our enjoyment of the car. And no, preheating the cabin does not solve these issues as leather stays cold and our car is equipped with seat heaters for a reason.
Problem is that backseat passengers come and go often (eg. take kids to school then drive to work). You'd be forever forgetting to turn off the back seats.

Problem is that backseat passengers come and go often (eg. take kids to school then drive to work). You'd be forever forgetting to turn off the back seats.

I think the same could apply to the front passenger seat but it gets it's own constant screen space which could be better organized to include all seats.

User cases vary so allowing flexibility seems best.

With a occupation sensor in every seat (for belt warning), controlling heated seats with memory should not be difficult. If the seat is not occupied, leave the setting on, but simply don't heat the seats if nobody is there.

I know it's a massive restructure, but having identical topic trees under both Model S and Model X is the source of most of these problems.
Things like software, battery and charging, seat heating, range, ordering, delivery, user interface, USB, spotify, slacker, navigation ... all apply equally to both Model S and X but new threads get isolated to one or the other.
Been talk about this for over a year. Last I saw was the new tag structure was supposed to be somewhat of an answer to this. Sorry, but I never search for things based on tags.

I’d also like a firmware/general forum. And I know there’s already one, sorta. (Tesla or Technical) But the Model S forum seems to be the default for a lot of people. Except for those of us X owners that start in the X forum. :D And then we have to also check the S forum.

Never mind that’s worse now with the 3 owners (but their software is different so far...).

I really don’t know what the best answer is with the preset habits of so many people. Except poor mods like Bruce having to clean up everything (which is definitely appreciated!).

Reactions: pilotSteve
Am I the only one who doesn't want the sticky heated steering wheel? I like it in the am when it's cold, but I don't really need it the next time I get in the car as it's likely to be 72º by then. SoCal problems, I know, but those of you who have this, is it an option or is it always sticky?

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Am I the only one who doesn't want the sticky heated steering wheel? I like it in the am when it's cold, but I don't really need it the next time I get in the car as it's likely to be 72º by then. SoCal problems, I know, but those of you who have this, is it an option or is it always sticky?

Can it really be cold in the morning in SoCal? It was 10F this morning for me. That's cold. 32F is warm and 50F is balmy. 72F is unfathomable.

So sorry for you, but yes, actually, it can be in the 40s in the early morning where we are and then in the 80s by noon. So obviously a heated steering wheel is nice for a little while, but I sure don't need it sticky!
Can it really be cold in the morning in SoCal? It was 10F this morning for me. That's cold. 32F is warm and 50F is balmy. 72F is unfathomable.

• Funny
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Remembering the last heated steering wheel setting? No. Turning the heated steering wheel on and off? Yes, like it has always been.
In this version:
- Canadians finally get ability to choose Canadian French language.
- You can now select units for pressure (in some countries) - Bar or PSI.
- In Netherlands - disabled passive entry by default "for your security".
- Now, when you start a drive, the steering wheel will automatically warm up if you had it set to Heated Wheel during your most recent drive.

Enjoy.

OP said:
“Now, when you start a drive, the steering wheel will automatically warm up if you had it set to Heated Wheel during your most recent drive.”
Is that not your experience?
Perhaps it does have to be enabled in cold weather settings?

In this version:
- Canadians finally get ability to choose Canadian French language.
- You can now select units for pressure (in some countries) - Bar or PSI.
- In Netherlands - disabled passive entry by default "for your security".
- Now, when you start a drive, the steering wheel will automatically warm up if you had it set to Heated Wheel during your most recent drive.

Enjoy.
Release notes pic?

What about passengers in the rear? How hard would it be to have the car remember those? Also what about app access for turning on seat heat?

Its low hanging fruit that should've been done too. As someone with a family in a cold area, it would greatly improve our enjoyment of the car. And no, preheating the cabin does not solve these issues as leather stays cold and our car is equipped with seat heaters for a reason.

I would see this as a downgrade. The rear seats would end up on without the driver knowing it, wasting energy. The driver’s seat and wheel will always be in use; passengers seats not so much.