Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this version:
- Canadians finally get ability to choose Canadian French language.
- You can now select units for pressure (in some countries) - Bar or PSI.
- In Netherlands - disabled passive entry by default "for your security".
- Now, when you start a drive, the steering wheel will automatically warm up if you had it set to Heated Wheel during your most recent drive.

Enjoy.

Interesting that neither ev-fw or TeslaFi have mentions, but it does take TeslaFi 12 hours to get the first car sometimes... I wonder if this will be a full rollout, as 2018.2 never made it very far!

The wheel memory was promised by Elon, of course, glad to see it made it. (Or it was on the list, and is on schedule, lol...)

What about passengers in the rear? How hard would it be to have the car remember those? Also what about app access for turning on seat heat?

Its low hanging fruit that should've been done too. As someone with a family in a cold area, it would greatly improve our enjoyment of the car. And no, preheating the cabin does not solve these issues as leather stays cold and our car is equipped with seat heaters for a reason.

I’m on 2018.2
My car is at the service center awaiting a part. I got an update notification @ 3:29 am. Now my car is unreachable. Hoping It is 18.4.1. Might be that the part came in and power is off...
6F8753AD-9208-4E54-90DF-777EBE2870A6.jpeg

EF6D3D3D-8655-4F01-8E53-7EA19500BC3A.jpeg
78CC6616-96D8-4C00-B2C8-D9C11F04EAF0.jpeg

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I’m on 2018.2
My car is at the service center awaiting a part. I got an update notification @ 3:29 am. Now my car is unreachable. Hoping It is 18.4.1. Might be that the part came in and power is off...
View attachment 277474
View attachment 277476 View attachment 277477
I did confirm that they were installing the part that came in (a replacement video cable) They will install the update. I won’t be able to get it until Monday. They have to recalibrate...

I guess that’s almost as good as putting it somewhere visible. I never use the heated wipers switch. Or perhaps squeeze it in there?

But have it on from trip to trip? I still say it’s too hot for that. Great for those that want it! (And easier to program lol).