Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2018.4.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you persuade Elon to extend this feature up the rest seats as well? App access would be great too... Thanks.

Very few would want this automatic because you don't take the kids everywhere everyday. Perhaps tho some smarts and if it detects the rear kids/passengers when the car starts (foot on brake) and automatically turns them on to the last setting.

And adding to app seems obvious.

Reactions: JenniferQ
:oops: that my S doesn’t have heated steering wheel. The loaner Cadillac I got when I dropped off my Tesla to the SC had this feature and it was very nice. It would save me some battery range since I sometimes just turn the heater on to warm my hands.

Very few would want this automatic because you don't take the kids everywhere everyday. Perhaps tho some smarts and if it detects the rear kids/passengers when the car starts (foot on brake) and automatically turns them on to the last setting.

And adding to app seems obvious.

I guess I'm one of the few that would prefer persistent settings. My wife sits back there with my kids. So they would really like that and its really distracting or annoying to access the cold weather menu while driving. App would ameliorate the issue as the back passengers could use the app and they could be pre-heated like the cabin.

The persistent heated steering wheel will be nice. I use it on almost every drive during the winter here. I was hoping for a dedicated button beside the climate controls (there should be room for it beside the "Auto" button) but maybe this will be less necessary if it just stays on. It can sometimes take 4 taps to turn it on (Settings/Cold Weather/Steering Wheel button/Settings again) which is really distracting while driving.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ritu_o0o and croman
I just returned from the service center today. They did not know about 2018.4.1. The service advisor told me that he could only push an update which showed up as selectable on his system, and 2018.2 was the latest showing (he showed me his screen).

That's strange. I went to SC today here at Devon PA and requested the latest service update that came out this week. They acknowledged it and after installing the update, I was able to verify that was 2018.4.1. So glad to have the heated steering wheel stay on now!

• Helpful
Reactions: Ritu_o0o
I just returned from the service center today. They did not know about 2018.4.1. The service advisor told me that he could only push an update which showed up as selectable on his system, and 2018.2 was the latest showing (he showed me his screen).

Looking at the TeslaFi stats, this release hasn’t turned up on any HW 2.5 cars so far. So it would appear it hasn’t been approved for these vehicles yet.